1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- In true Hufflepuff fashion, Michael A. King values hard work, integrity, and family before much else. A firm believer in fair play, Mike is as honest as he is dedicated. He works hard to be able to enjoy riveting success, and very little can dissuade him from doing what he wants if it means it's for the best, whether it's for himself, his family, or his friends. Departing from more quintessential Hufflepuffs, however, Michael can be fairly hot-headed and quick to jump to conclusions. He's fierce and difficult to put off, no matter how well you know him or how attached he may or may not be to you. He's stubborn to a fault. That said, most times it stems from caring too much and subsequently worrying about the people that surround him. He's known to be overly protective, to the degree it could be considered overbearing. Moreover, Michael has kinder sides that do negate his obsessive need to ensure everyone is safe and okay, let it be psychologically or physically. He's courageous, and even if he doesn't immediately jump into hopeless situations, he's been known to do what it takes for what is morally correct, regardless of what it might mean for him, personally. He's also creative and innovative, and is often trying to come up with new ways to revolutionize magic. Moreover, while confident, Michael has never taken on an arrogant personality. He's humble about his abilities and modest about everything else, preferring to keep himself grounded by reminding himself of everything he's lost and done wrong in past times. Unfortunately, he still struggles to accept his past to this day - while something Amelia has tried aiding him with, it's been to no avail.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- Perhaps Heidi Redding and Sebastian King could have had a more idyllic love story. In spite of the off-putting events that led to them meeting and falling in love, Heidi and Sebastian did have something akin to a fairytale romance. They weren't the kind of duo you'd expect to fall in love - an Australian fashion designer and an English paleontologist - but they worked in ways even the universe couldn't begin to fathom. They were together for many years, but friends for longer. It was that way they knew they truly belonged together. On and off and on again, the perceived instability of their relationship only came to an end when they married. It was a grand event, with high profile citizens attending from Heidi's behalf, and a large collection of the all-time legendary scientists who collaborated with Sebastian in some of his biggest projects, that which propelled him to minute fame within his profession and inevitably sent him to Australia, where all these events transpired.
It was from their marriage that came several children. For the longest time, they yearned for a daughter; someone Heidi could confide with all the family secrets, the recipes for fashion, the ways of the Reddings - a family notoriously feminine. Instead of this, though, they had a wave of blue: Griffin was their first, three years after their marriage ceremony, and a year later was followed by twin brothers Joey and Michael King. It wasn't until years after their twin boys, in face of marital problems and a lot of issues to conceive another child, that they had their first daughter, whom they decided to name Lucy. For the time being, they were content with the family they had, but their wishes for another child - another girl - would inevitably make a prompt arrival. It just didn't happen until several years later, though these desires were sated quicker than the first time, taking the form of a tragedy: Heidi's sister, Addison, had passed away, taking her husband and two sons with her in that horrible car crash. Her daughter Freya was the only one to survive.
Only then did they realize they weren't at a point they could comfortably raise a baby. Freya was just four when she moved in with her godparents, too young to understand what was going on yet too old to fully fill that gap in Heidi and Sebastian's hearts. Whatever gap she didn't fill in their hearts, she certainly filled in their hands and their time. Freya was a firecracker, and it wasn't until they realized this that they decided they were better off as a family of 7 - Freya included, of course. It was at that point the paleontologist took a step back from his responsibilities to his career, as little as he liked the fact, and became much more hands-on - Heidi had always been the main source of income, however, so it wasn't like they struggled following his decision. The Kings had reached a point where all they wanted to do was restrengthen their familial bonds, so that's exactly what they did; sure, they ended up with two dogs and a cat, but it was all worth it. For the first time in what could be considered as ever, they felt content with the place they were in.
Michael was the third of all the King children to be born, yet was much easier to manage than his brothers, sister, and cousin. He wasn't quiet, per se, but he was much more considerate than they were, and understood the basics that no toddler seemed capable of grasping: no was no, and crying got him nowhere. He was an easy child who grew into the role of helping his parents with his siblings as he got old enough to do so, despite being the younger one in most instances. Unfortunately, because he wasn't as rambunctious as many of the other kids, he usually was considered the underdog - the twin that lived in the shadows of the other. He was okay with that, growing up; he knew at some point he'd find someone he could bond with, someone who'd understand him and enjoy every aspect of his personality. In primary, he had very few friends, but once he arrived at Hogwarts, things turned for the better. (He'd been looking forward to Hogwarts, ever since he turned Joey's TV on to silence his wails at 2:15 AM at the meek age of 6.)
In Hogwarts, Michael was rightfully sorted into Hufflepuff. It was the quickest sorting in his year, and with good reason. He seemed to thrive there in a way barely anyone else seemed to be able to do so. He had a hefty list of extracurriculars, he had more friends than ever before, and was doing excellent in all his classes. He was beater all the way until he graduated, and was Head Boy for his final year, too. Unfortunately, all good things came to an end - this time, it was his reputation. Truth be told, looking back on the events that transpired, Michael doesn't regret anything that happened. He fell fast and hard for his Head Girl - Australian witch Erin Robertson - and scored a date. One date led to another and they ended up getting together officially during winter break of their seventh year. Things seemed to be looking up for them, until they slept together; from that, came their daughter, Amelia King. Imagine everyone's surprise to hear the Head Girl had been knocked up by the Head Boy mid-second semester. Despite this, they continued their education. Just... bearing in mind they had a bigger pressure on their shoulders to do well and succeed, knowing they had a child coming in a few short months.
The judgment they faced was brutal, and to say their parents were disappointed (and livid, in Erin's case) was an understatement. Amelia's maternal grandparents wanted Erin to terminate the pregnancy, but the couple - and Michael's family, as well - were avidly against it. Things seemed to be in a deadlock, until Erin's parents presented an ultimatum: terminate, or be disowned. Erin preferred to severe ties with her family. Who knows, maybe if she'd agreed to their terms, she wouldn't have died so young - one life had come at the cost of another, with Amelia drawing her first breath as Erin took her last. It was a beautiful but sad day for Michael, that one. He'd gained one love, but lost another. It was difficult for him, at first, and was forced to return to Australia following the birth of his daughter, knowing he couldn't do it on his own. Thus, the first four years of her life, Amelia was raised in her grandparents' house, with her uncles, her aunts, and her father. They often cared for her while Michael was out working, but every moment he wasn't was spent with Amelia, caring for her and ensuring her happiness. She was his only source of light for a long time, and it was thanks to her he gathered the strength to move on.
In 2040, Michael made the decision to move to the UK. It had been a long time since he was last there, and his arrival would certainly bring back unpleasant memories, but it had to be done. He longed for a change, and with Amelia fast approaching Hogwarts age, he would prefer to be close to his child in the case she ever needed him. Leaving a couple months before the academic year ended, he took the time to buy a house, set up his gym, and ensure everything was perfect for when Amelia came down, including her enrollment at Kwikspell Tutoring. It wasn't until that summer that she arrived, and with her came a breath of fresh air, filled with endless possibilities and the hope for a bright future.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
「 Michael A. King 」Hufflepuff Alumnus • Mediwizard
His FC is Chris Hemsworth.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
- Michael is a half-blooded wizard with no notable magical relations. (But he will have an RPed family.)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
- He has no special abilities.
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
- Michael is the owner of TBD - a gym located in Lincliff City.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
More than two weeks without edits. Denied.
- Time knew this forum was on hold, hence why it hadn't been denied. Can you please remove the denied category? I'd appreciate it.
denied at user request