A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- Milo often gets told that he has a nice smile, and he feels great whenever someone says that, because it means that his plan is working. What plan, you may ask? Well, it's the one that involves making the people around him think that he's all good and happy, even though he's not, so they won't ask too many questions about it. Milo's not sad, per se — at least not too much, anymore — but he's not happy either. He's grateful though, that he's finally away from his stressful home and has a chance to recuperate in the foreign land he now lives on. He's a hopeful person, and he keeps hoping that things actually turn out to be better. Maybe this time, it will.
- Needless to say, the cause of all of this was Milo's daily predicament at his old home which weighed down a lot on him. He never felt loved by his parents who were always fighting, always yelling at him, and it was sometimes to much. The only should he could cry on was his sister's, and she wasn't around all the time. He doesn't want to be viewed as weak though, and so he had to learn how to cope with it, and to act. He became good at hiding his feelings, and plastering fake smiles just so people would continue viewing him as the cool jock they've always known him as.
- Despite all of this, Milo continually yearns for affection. He is a tactile person, and all he wants is for someone aside from his sister to understand him and his struggles. Yes, he's good at putting up an act, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want his "happy, cool persona" to be his genuine one someday. He wants to open up to people, but he's also wary of those who might take advantage, or hurt him, so unless he deems you trustworthy and tells you about his real feelings, you aren't really his friend. He wants to have more friends though — real ones — and that's one of his goals as he starts the new school year at Hogwarts. Maybe it's not too late for a lifestlye change, after all.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- Thalía Ferreira-Dias has never been suited for motherhood, and she had admitted this to herself several times. So, the fact that she still went on and birthed — not one, but two — children anyways, blew her mind. The first one was Esmeralda, and her father was a drug pusher that Thalía worked with in her younger days, Edilberto Vasquez. The day after she told him she was pregnant, he completely disappeared and was never heard from again. Thalía didn't mind much, he had poor hygiene anyways, but still, she was alone with a baby in her belly — she knew that life wasn't going to be easy from that point on.
- Against all odds, Thalía gave birth to a healthy baby Esmeralda, and she did this by marrying a young, rich, muggle bachelor, Julio Iglesias, and used his money to get her through her pregnancy. Thalía herself had magical blood in her veins, but she was a squib, and she had given up magic in exchange for the voluptuous muggle life a long time ago. That's how she ended up as a drug pusher in the first place, because she really didn't have any useful skill sets when she "transitioned" into the muggle world, aside from her good looks, perhaps, which is also essentially how she managed to snag a young, rich guy like Julio.
- Thalía and Julio were very much in love during the first stages of their relationship — Julio didn't even care that Thalía already had Esmeralda — and they were both spendy, like, they would always buy gifts for each other, and go on honeymoons and travel to far off places all the time. Since none of them was good with managing finances, they eventually exhausted all of Julio's savings and trust fund money, and essentially plunged into poverty. Life became harder, and the intensity, passion and love they once had for each other slowly dissipated. But not before having a baby — Julio's first, and Thalía's second one — and they called this one Emilio, or Milo for short.
- Their financial predicament put a rather large strain on their relationship as a family. Thalía became more neglectful than she already was, having to work long shifts in order to support their spendy lifestyle and Julio was the same. Essentially, Esmeralda had to put her big girl pants on prematurely and was the one who was around Milo the most during his childhood. Esmeralda matured really fast for her age, and she developed a very strong, almost unbreakable bond with her younger half-brother. When she turned ten, she, unlike her mother, finally had her first sign of magic by managing to repair a mug that was shattered on the floor by Milo. She was taken by surprise and told her mom immediately. Thalía told her about their true heritage, but made her promise to not tell Julio cause he wouldn't understand. A year later, Esmeralda got her letter from Beauxbatons and she happily enrolled — a bit hesitant to leave Milo alone for most of the year, but she decided that it was going to be for the better good anyways. Thalía told Julio that Esmeralda got a full scholarship in a boarding school in France, and he never questioned it.
- As for Milo, it did not take long for him to develop his magic as well. Similar to Esme, he had his first sign when he was ten — he made the tv accidentally explode because there were too many commercials — and got a letter a year after. He entered his first year at Beauxbatons when Esmeralda was on her sixth, and he was so excited about it. Despite being mostly ignored at home, things were finally starting to look up for him. But of course, it didn't last for too long. When Milo turned sixteen, and Esme, twenty-two (she's been working as a photographer ever since she graduated from school) shit went down at home. Thalía discovered that Julio has been having an affair with a younger, richer woman, and he decided to actually run away with her. Milo was rightfully upset, but Thalía moreso. She was unconsolable, and something in her really changed that day. She became alcoholic, and she returned to using drugs, and for Milo — it was really hard to witness and go through all of that.
- When Esme found out, she knew that it was finally time to leave her home (that wasn't really a home) and build a new one elsewhere. It's not like Thalía would care — and that's right, she doesn't — and she knew the only hard part was going to be telling Milo that she was leaving. Only it turned out that it wasn't really going to be that hard, because Milo wanted to leave with her too, and she agreed.
- And so, the siblings moved away from home, filed the paperwork necessary to make Esme's legal guardianship over Milo valid, and moved to the United Kingdom in search of new and better opportunities.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
- Milo is a half-blood wizard.
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
- He's on his sixth year.
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
- Hufflepuff. Milo is such a smol bean.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
- Soon to be 3/0, if Milo and his sister both get sorted.
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?