A rewrite of Mississippi Ashford c:
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Mississippi Ashford was the result of an affair between Alicia Ashford and spirit nymph Lucas Jones, neither of whom were really too emotionally invested in it except for the need for a good relationship by means of the bed. When Lucas left, Mississippi moved back down to Texas temporarily, just long enough to develop the stereotypical Texan accent that hangs about her to this day, after being born by the Mississippi River, her namesake. Why her mother loved her home nation was beyond Mississippi, but it was quickly evident that this love did not particularly spread to her illegitimate child, especially after the exhibition of powers. So, Mississippi was quickly sent to live with her father and his kind, who then moved to unfamiliar territory in England. To some degree, the young girl didn't feel like she fit anywhere in the human or nymph universes, and would be forced to stay in an awkward limbo for some of her life. So...he had a family friend, a vampire, who he'd met perchance - and he was with a group of people like Mississippi who didn't quite fit in anywhere at all. It wasn't as such the fear factor that motivated Mississippi to go with the House, but rather the fear of being seen as a freak, and the idea of community with those like her.
So, instead of going to Hogwarts with her siblings, which was the sensible choice, Mississippi - who was just about reaching school age with her new parents, having undergone most of the explosive magical stages with her birth parents (partly why they both sent her away at about seven to live with them) found herself missing the Americas, and started off her first two years at Salem Institute. Except, she didn't feel comfortable there, and accidental exhibition of her abilities and the constant exuberance of her classmates led to a constant ghost-headache between her eyes. Being so far from the rest of them, the adoptive siblings she had grown to love and care for as one of the eldest, was also a stress factor; for somebody who carried others' emotions around as well as her own, this was becoming too much.
The Wildes thought it best to bring their daughter back home in the middle of the second semester so she could recuperate and spend family time. They told her it was best to suppress the aura and it was important she learned how. A move to Hogwarts was decidedly the best thing, except for the part that none of them were expecting - other nymphs there, which in themselves were like magnets with feelings that could make Mississippi feel sick. For social purposes in America and England she tended to use the Ashford surname, although she couldn't have told you why. Perhaps she felt it made her more unassuming amongst the masses, and she does this to this day except around her family, because she's proud to be one of the family. When people ask, she says it's the shortening of the double barrelled surname she's begun using. First it was Kiano and Kitrino the light nymph twins, Laela the dark nymph, Azalea and Niele the fire and air nymphs, and Tarrin the Earth nymph. More recently, she's met Leon Schmidt, another of her spirit half-nymph kind, which has made her a lot more reassured.
Some circumstance made it necessary for Mississippi to return to America - she doesn't remember why she moved back, but this happened post-her fifth year and she spent the rest of her education at Salem. Yet she returned to England again to be with her family and work for the Auror office, having recently recieved the news of her mother's passing. Nowadays she's a support Auror, but is spending some time in the Wilde home to support the parents as best she can that have done many things for her that she feels she will never repay.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Having recently been through a stage of extreme extroversion upon her second return from America, Mississippi is currently finding that her social batteries are draining more quickly than they have been known to previously. She's definitely dedicating herself to work and family more as well as looking for a relationship in order to feel more secure. Sometimes, she can feel like one of the guys, her mood about what she wants to be doing changes constantly - she's questioning her sexual and romantic orientation, and on some occasions her gender. Other times she's so occupied with thoughts and emotions she can feel a million miles away, since she's not as good at clearing her head anymore. If you compare her to her old self, she's definitely more affectionate due to the family unit she's been in for a long time, maybe with a little bit of wanderlust added on. What's most important to her right now is holding herself together for Nate, for Rae, for Kaela, for her parents and maybe even Kedric if she thinks about it. When she's around them, she can be her extroverted self again, that she was so confident in before.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 14 (already counting this one)
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below. GMT+1 I think?