A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
+ easy-going, friendly, approachable without question
- bit of a pushover, hesitates too much sometimes (more so with personal decisions)
+ reliable, calm, collected, approachable
- stresses herself quite a bit
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
It has, for both of them. Both of them are very happy doing what they've wanted to, so no need for anything more.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Spending quality time with each other, quite naturally.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Both would keep some clothes, their wands, their money, their "Yin and Yang" pendants and a family photo that has them as children.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Both of them honestly want to end the idea of discrimination. Whatever started this should disappear, because it has no place in such a world.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
On a slow night of July 20th, 2006, in a hospital in Dusseldorf, Germany, two kids entered the world. Mortimer Charles and Chantal Melissa Vogel. Fraternal twins, born a mere 2 minutes apart from each other. Mortimer came first, as much as he'll insist Chantal should have been first later in his life. It's just another of the twins' life stories made into some light-hearted humor.
They grew up without a figure to call a father, but instead, they got something which they'll appreciate more; a second mother. After arguments (
about kids) broke up their mother's original relationship, she left who could have been a father, but it wouldn't have worked out either way, since the guy didn't want kids. So the twins' mother got together with another woman... and it worked out nicely, hence the twins.
The twins were taught proper manners and attitude, with a twist. Mortimer grew up knowing that there is nothing wrong with loving whomever you want and that everyone deserves respect no matter who they are. Chantal learned that she has all the more reason to pursue her own happiness and success. Their mothers would become their biggest influence for much of their life as they know it.
Of course, one other thing the two would learn... is that the best thing that they have, is each other. Mortimer and Chantal were inseparable; Chantal wouldn't hesitate to play sports with Mortimer, and Mortimer wouldn't think twice about choosing to talk gossip with Chantal. They were like Yin and Yang; thusly, their mothers had given them a "Yin and Yang" locket each. It would remain the one thing that keeps together through their ups and downs.
When they became of age, the two started at Durmstrang. At first, they had the same classes together, but as they grew older, they had some separation, but they were always together... in the other's heart. Of course, it was at Durmstrang that they grew into what really makes them tick; Mortimer avidly pursued Healing and its complimentary classes, while Chantal was more focused on an all-round education fit to get a job at the German Ministry. They did not neglect classes, no no. They, in fact, graduated with overall outstanding grades.
After graduation, the two initially went on to train as Healers, but this wouldn't be long lived. It was only a fleeting moment for Chantal, as she wanted time with Mortimer, but she'll always value the training she received. Mortimer continued on, and soon became full Healer, while Chantal chose to pursue her original goal, a job at the German Ministry. Her work was for effect, as she got a job at the Department of Magical Education in the German Ministry.
They worked where they were for about 8 years, before a small tragedy struck. While on a visit to England, the twins' birth mother was assaulted and killed, by a supposed friend of the guy that she broke up with years ago. In attempt to be close to their birth mother in a way, they bought a house there, and moved to live there. But their heads don't fall, as they know their birth mother will always be there for them, even if it's not physically. Now, Mortimer is looking to get a job as a Healer at St. Mungo's, while Chantal seeks a job at the Ministry of Magic. They're hoping for nothing short of the best...
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Mortimer's a true gentleman, having being sculpted as one. He doesn't believe in fighting, so he talks his problems out in a respectful manner. He's the kind of person who wishes to spread nothing short of positivity, and bolstered by his natural optimism, he radiates positive energy. He always likes to hear good things first, but hardly ever makes it off with a frown if there are bad news.
He's an easy-going lad, and always takes serious matters with a calm and collected attitude. He's hard to stress out shortly put. Even when he had a ton of homework and studying to do, he always will get it done, little questions asked, and still have time for himself. Sure, he could be easily talked into doing other things... that don't involve anything bad.
On the more dark side... Mortimer sometimes has trouble making life choices on his own. He's always had his twin besides him to keep him from spiraling into bad habits and whatnot, but he doesn't enjoy hard personal choices. He tries to approach his options with reason, and sometimes would slide into a dead end, and not choose. He's recently obtained a personal journal to keep his mind clear and help him out some in the whole life choices ordeal.
Chantal wears the smile that never fades away; she's one who can keep calm and carry on, her head high. For her, a smile goes miles; it's a sign of appreciation. Like her twin, she doesn't like being bogged down by negativity, but neither does she have the positive touch her twin does. She's a realist who appreciates an interesting idea. She handles criticism well enough, and looks to be reflective of change.
Chantal's the reliable girl; you can count on her to get whatever you need her to do done. She sometimes prides herself on being someone reliable; reliability means trust. She isn't so easily convinced to do whatever though; she keeps priorities, with herself always coming first and foremost, for she can't do her best if she isn't feeling her best.
Behind Chantal's shadow of hard work, hides a ton of stress. Her focus shifts swiftly, and she can get stressed out as a result. She deals with it appropriately according to her situation, but if she needs more than a little relief... she turns to meditation. Most of the time it works out, and she finds herself well for another day. Sometimes, it just doesn't, and that's where Mortimer comes in. If there is a better de-stresser for Chantal, it's always her twin. That saves her a wonder of worries.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Both are Pure-Blood, and naturally, they have one another.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
Nothing special for either.
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Mortimer intends to become a Healer at St. Mungo's, while Chantal intends to enter the Ministry.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Both are single and not actively searching.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Mortimer's model is Sam Claflin, while Chantal's is Leighton Meester.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
13/3, however two will be "benched" (removed) at the end of the school year.
You're probably going to do this anyway, but there's never any harm in making it clear; they're approved in one forum under the proviso that they both have their own pages. Thanks.
09:31, September 10, 2017 (UTC)