1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. Nicolai's mother passed away while giving birth to him. Nicolai's father told him of this when he got older as well as his mother's opinion of magical statuses, believing all to be equal. Nicolai very much resents the fact his mother passed away as he could live a happy, discrimination-free life with her. His father made it very clear that he disagreed with this opinion, as well as trying making it clear he didn't really love Nicolai's mother, and that he was the result of a rather broken relationship. After this event, Nicolai was taken into his father's custody.
After awhile, Nicolai's father married another woman, gradually adjusting to life with the family with no worries about not being magical at this point. He always stayed very low profile within the family, his parents' focus being on Nicolai's new stepbrother, who was much younger than Nicolai, Nicolai helping out with this when he could, not exactly having established an opinion on his new little brother yet, or his mother. He often did a few chores, and that's it. He didn't mind it so much, though. He liked being quite low profile within the family, as well as at school where he had a small but stable group of friends.
When Nicolai was 11, he was taken to a wand shop to pick his first wand for school. His parents had a suspicion that he was a late bloomer, and were hoping that this visit to the wand shop would change their opinions on the matter. When he arrived to pick wands, however, none of the wands reacted to his touch, as well as none of the ones picking him. His father, disgusted, continued to tease him before conjuring up the idea to put him up for adoption, not being able to face having such a vile "creature" disgrace the family. As his brother got older, he wanted to support Nicolai but didn't make it known in fear of being resented himself by his father.
More recently, Nicolai has moved to England to take a nursing course in university, this being the closest thing he could achieve to being a healer, which had always been his dream. His brother has begun writing to him in secret, the two for once beginning to get to know each other properly.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? Due to an incident that's recently taken place, Nicolai's become a sufferer of anxiety (social and general) and post traumatic stress disorder. Already being a shy and neurotic person to start with, events in his life have made his mental state even more problematic. His status as a squib increases his self-consciousness, as he's always been put down for it, knowing it's somewhat of a negative status in the wizarding world. This isn't to say that he's completely uncommunicative and antisocial, as when with the right person, he can be much more confident in himself, laughing and joking as much as he likes, the reception to this often being pretty good too.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Squib
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!) Nope
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? I don't have any plans for his job at the moment.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids? Single for now.
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 7, 1
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below. GMT