Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Nikolina has trust issues, although she is not sure where they sourced from. With a large number of fears, you can never quite tell what will make her jump and what she might actually like - this accidentally makes her a hard person to please. She has an appreciation for the quiet and serene and does not like to talk, although she will talk when spoken to or when it is absolutely necessary. Becoming very awkward in social situations she has become very stubbornly independent, something she did not mean to do but has developed over time. Preferring to listen to music to block out the noise of other people around her, she does not like to be disturbed and can get very nervous if someone starts suddenly talking. Physical contact is a no-go, she has her own personal bubble and she doesn't like to let people get inside it. When insulted she will draw herself back further away from the person responsible.
She does have ambitions about her life and aims high, she is a perfectionist and can often mentally berate herself for not doing things well enough. Supporting others is not something she does well although she can usually tell when someone is emotional, she is unsure how to deal with it atop her own feelings. Ideally in future she wants a job that has the least to do with people as possible. If it makes her feel safer she will not hesitate to lie and will often lie and pretend not to have romantic feelings for people. (She is homosexual and homoromantic.)
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Nikolina doesn't know much about her past at all, and that disturbs her; it's a bit of a blur, like something is missing - holes that she can't seem to fill no matter who she asks. Sometimes fuzzy people turn up in her dreams like teasing outlines - distant voices that tug at her ears' attention but are a teasing distance from being recognisable. Faceless, with unknown voices, like they are reaching out to her - they always occupied every sleeping moment before she was adopted by the Mitchell-Andersons. It's quite disturbing to her, how little she knows, and she's always sat there quietly not saying anything, listening to herself.
She wonders quite often whether these people are spirits, or ghosts of people she should remember but shouldn't. Nobody seems to know who left her at the orphanage that she was in, in Norway, except that she was left there with some form of note saying something had happened to her family and they had found the child. She had been given the surname of whoever it was that had left the note - it was signed S. Fønsmark so for the first fourteen years of her life, she was known as Nikolina Fønsmark. For some reason she was transferred to a Danish orphanage at age seven, where she befriended the slightly younger Birgitte Mitchell-Anderson, although they didn't talk much.
She moved to Durmstrang to learn at the age of eleven, and was disappointed to learn that Birgitte had been adopted during her school year - although they still wrote, it wasn't the same. Something familiar had faded, everything familiar faded in the end. She began to write poetry, remembering Birgitte's keen talent for art and writing, but the drawing never really caught on to Nikolina herself.
Her magic was very volatile for the first few years she was learning - she needed somewhere to settle, and was growing more and more scared of everyone that had been haunting her. Her name, to her boots felt unfamiliar, out-of-body. Like everyone else she wanted a family to look after her - somewhere to belong - but for her, it was a hunger, a need. Due to her only speaking when spoken to or directly asked, it was very hard to find someone. Quiet, philosophical and apparently disturbed, most people looking tended to prefer the bright, happy ones with a certain talent for this, that, or the other.
Durmstrang was not the place for Nikolina - it was cold, and dark, and she did a little too well in attempting to blend into the background. She refused to participate in the Dark Arts classes but excelled in most Potions and other wandwork, although terrified of flying. She'd spend a lot of time in the library looking to tie up loose ends, but of course never found anything.
It all began with Katie Mitchell and Bethany Anderson.
Katie and Bethany met during a trip the Salem institute made to Europe. They were on Hogsmeade, when Bethany bumped into Katie. That day they became friends, but were separated due to Katie only being there for a trip. Katie returned to Salem, and Bethany continued her years in Hogwarts as a Ravenclaw. It was on their sixth year that Katie had had enough. She hadn't forgotten of Bethany. She asked her parents to transfer her to Hogwarts, knowing fully well that was where Bethany studied. Or at least she hoped she still did. Her parents were those kind of parents that preferred success and money over family, so it was easy for Katie to get transferred to Hogwarts. When she arrived, she was sorted into Slytherin, which she didn't mind. The day she finally found Bethany, she ended up nothing but a shell. Why, exactly? She was lip-locked with her boyfriend. As soon as she saw Katie, though, she pushed him away and tried running after her, but her boyfriend didn't exactly take it kindly.
Having taken this the wrong way, Katie desperately tried to head back to Salem, just to be stopped by her parents. They were finally rid of Katie, and they didn't want her back. It didn't matter, though, because a week later or so, they died. Quite brutally, might I add. They were tortured, and later burned to death because of some old rivalry with a gang leader. Long story short, the guy was found, got condemned to jail for life along with his goonies, and Katie passed her sixth and most of her seventh year in Hogwarts all depressed.
By the time they graduated, Katie and Bethany had already talked and sorted things through. It came to light that Bethany's ex hurt her multiple times, and so he was expelled a week before their seventh year Christmas break. Years had passed of Katie and Bethany dating, when they finally got married. Instead of getting the help of science, they'd decided to adopt, and so the Mitchell-Anderson family grew. Many years and kids later, they finally decided to get the help if science and have a kid of their own. Nine months later, Sophia Mitchell-Anderson and Theodore Mitchell-Anderson were born.
A year after their birth, the married couple decided to continue adopting, their love of kids being too big. It wasn't a problem, though, considering they had the help of their eldest kids.
Yet again, they returned to Denmark; they'd got an almost familial love for the place, and found Nikolina. They offered to help her look for her family, and came up with nothing - they were a ghost train - but the sentiment was there all the same. Seeing Birgitte there too warmed her up to them considerably, the familiarity having returned, but the closeness between the two was never really exactly the same as it had been. She moved in with the Mitchell-Andersons after some considerations, and thinks she might have finally found a family for herself.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
Not as far as she knows.
11) What year is your character in?
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
:C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
British Summer Time
Number of A's:
Number of B's:
Number of C's:
Number of D's: