언제까지나 누가 뭐래도 ~Chase</center>
<center>The Sorting Quiz
Please Bold Your Choices</center>
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Olan is a very upbeat and happy young man, always attempting to make people smile. he generally doesn't like it when people are upset and will attempt to do anything to make them happy. He'll give them food or other things in hopes o making their day brighter. Olan has a love for all things art related, but excels in with sculpting things out of clay. Which he can be found doing often in an empty room considering he likes things disrupted while he works. Olan maybe a gentle person, but when someone sets off the boys anger, it's not one that can be sated. Especially if one lies to him about something. He is known to be a very gentle person when it comes to how others feel and will put them before himself. When Olan feels down he still manages to pull a smile across his lips, no matter how hard it seems for him.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Olan Lui was born to Sanan-Nam and Daeng Lui in the poorest and roughest part of Chiang Mai in Thailand. Due to this the first three years of Olan's life were rather poorly lived. They barely had enough funds to keep food on the table, therefore his parents made the hard decision to send their son to live with his mothers sister in hopes of giving him a better life. Though they'd never see their son again due them both passing away during a flu epidemic.
Upon him arriving to his Aunts house they noticed something was wrong with the boy. He wasn't responding to words they spoke or the sounds around him. This was slightly alarming therefore they took him to a doctor only to find out he was deaf. They tried to get the boy hearing aids, hoping it would help, but low and be hold it didn't not even the highest powered hearing aid seemed to help. They ended up going to a specialist later on only to find out that Olan had Congenital deafness, which meant he was born deaf. The doctor had told them that considering his age and the inability for the previous hearing aids to work it would probably make no difference for him to get a cochlear implant, considering it probably wouldn't work.
They eventually accepted it, his aunt not exactly happy about having an impaired kid living with them. Even treating Olan as if he were stupid, though his uncle thought differently. He went to great lengths to prove he was smart. He hired someone who knew TSL, Thai Sign Language, to teach himself and Olan. It took awhile, but he eventually caught on. His love for learning spread like a wildfire. After he started learning the basics his uncle started homeschooling him and even teaching him how to write in Thai. Yet another hard obstacle that took some time but he over came.
By the age of 7 he knew how to write in Thai and sign as well. Both of which helped him when he was enrolled in school. Due to his deafness people would constantly do stupid and mean things to him, but he smiled through it all; Attempting to kill them with kindness. Though, if anything, it made the people bullying him only meaner. Yet he still smiled through it. One of his cousins was among the people bullying him and when he mentioned it to his uncle, it made it a whole lot worse for him.
Around the age of 10 he had his first sign of magic. He was at school and he was being bullied yet again, though this time his anger boiled over and in his fit of rage the lockers flew open, the contents of each one flying out giving him a chance to run, which he took. He ran home as fast as he could and upon reaching there he told his uncle what had happened and his uncle told him it was nonsense. Though his uncle had a slight feeling it wasn't nonsense, though he didn't want to fill the boys head with distracting thoughts.
When he was 11 it was a shock when he received his letter from Mahoutokoro he was completely baffled and a tad afraid that someone was pulling a prank on him, though that proved to be yet another error in his thinking. He wasn't being pranked and his uncle confirmed it. He told him how his sister had received the same letter, though from a wizarding school in Europe, when she was 11 years old and had gone to that school. He told him he should go, after all it would be an experience he wouldn't want to miss. Therefore he ended up agreeing upon going.
That first year there was great, he wasn't doubted on for his disability, but rather on his ability in magic. He even started carrying around a white board to communicate better with the Thai students, though there were very little of them. He aslo was learning to read peoples lips, though it was still proving hard to do so. Mahoutokoro was completely different from the muggle school he had attended, which was a great thing in his eyes. It was around this time he had started learning to cook, asking a fellow student to teach him. It was one of the things that actually excited him and he proved to be rather good at it and he would often sneak out in the middle of the day to cook even if he wasn't for him.
A few weeks before Olan was due to arrive home for the summer something happened to his family. His uncle had been borrowing money from a very shady loan shark for the past for years. The interest had been really high and there was no way he'd ever be able to pay them back. That same day they came to his house he was getting his family to pack up and get ready to leave at a moments notice. Just as they exited the building, the loan shark was there waiting for them. The man ended up murdering Olans only family as payment for not getting the money back.
A few days before summer had started he had received the news that his aunt & uncle had died along with his cousins. He wasn't told the details, but he was stricken with grief. After all he had no where to go or anyone left, or so he thought. He tried to get into contact with his uncles sister. Which didn't prove as hard as he had thought, though she was all the way in London. After hearing news of her brothers fate she had thought it only fair that she took him in. After all maybe it was a way to be close with her brother again, one she hadn't seen in almost 20 years. She knew immediately this child wasn't her brothers son, but that didn't make her careless for the boy.
She ended up adopting him, though she didn't really understand what he was saying, but she did know BSL and started teaching him a little so that they could communicate. It proved hard, and he's still learning it to this day, he still doesn't know much English and is hoping to eventually learn more. Olan is now in his 3rd year at Hogwarts.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Kunpimook Bhuwakul (BamBam; GOT7)
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
11) What year is your character in?
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
:B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
All here c:
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Number of A's:
Number of B's:
Number of C's:
Number of D's:
||The Sorting Hat has placed Olan Lui into Gryffindor!
"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart."
13:55, August 4, 2016 (UTC)