A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
+: defence spells, offensive spells, resilience, level-headedness, patience
-: healing spells, impulsiveness, stubbornness, competitive nature
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Orion is extremely happy with the way his life has turned out; he hadn't known what he wanted to do upon leaving Ilvermorny as a student so to rise from a humble professor to the headmaster is more than he could've asked for.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
If he's in his work ethic mind, he'd love to plan lessons to help the other teachers out; he knows how hard it can be so he always tries to give them assistance when he can. If, on the other hand, he isn't so work orientated on the particular day, he'd just catch up on the Quidditch or go out and play it himself, or the gym. He loves the gym.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Wand - self-explanatory.
- His locket - it was a present given to him by his parents upon his accession as headmaster of Ilvermorny so it's become his good-luck charm.
- A pouch with an extension charm full of various world currencies, both muggle and magical - he likes to be prepared wherever he is
- Some form of weights - so he can continue to work out; it's where his mind is among the most clear
- His broom - for easy mobility
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
He would change for there to be more acceptance in all forms; between species, blood levels, race, sexuality, gender - everything. He believes the muggle world can be inclusive as it is, why make the wizarding world that is far freer replicate that?
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Although born in 2004 himself, Orion Teague's story begins before that with his parents, pure-blood Cador Teague and muggle Brittany Weston. Cador and Brittany met in a muggle high-school despite Cador's magical heritage. You see, Cador was nothing short of a trickster and had heard stories about the infamous Maurauders in Hogwarts, the British schools' resident poltergeist Peeves and had heard some of the feats from the troublemakers there. That, tripled along with his own competitiveness with his friends and drawing inspiration from Ilvermorny's own rebellious students, Cador got into trouble enough to be kicked out of Ilvermorny at the age of fourteen. His parents, ever the blood supremacists, treated him like a muggle and sent him to a muggle high school. The two met in a history class and, truly, the rest was history.
Their relationship wasn't without it's obstacles, however. Alongside the usual mistrust of parents on either side, the Weston's had a great disapproval of Cador. Brittany wasn't a stranger to magic; whilst she herself was a muggle she had a few aunts and even a brother who were muggle-born and thus her knowledge of the magical world was far greater than her other muggle peers. Although supportive of their respective family's abilities, Brittany's parents were apprehensive of magic so finding out that Cador was a magical pure-blood had been the first adversary. The second was confirmation by Brittany's brother that Cador was rebellious and was one of the biggest troublemakers the school had seen in years. Both combined together was enough to encourage Brittany's parents to prevent the relationships at any cost, succeeding in the early years but, ultimately, failing.
When the two graduated at eighteen, their relationship was rekindled after being forced apart two years prior. Everything from there was a seeming whirlwind; Cador obtained a large inheritance and converted the money to muggle money and was able to buy a comfortable house on the beach front for the two of them. Brittany's modelling portfolio that she had sent off as a joke was taken seriously and, before long at nineteen, the two were engaged with a baby on the way. The two had four children in quick succession to one another. In 2000, a girl named Eudora; in 2001, a boy named Sky; in 2002 another girl named Symphony and, to round it all off, in 2004, Orion was born.
Orion was always considered lucky from the day he was born. It was after his birth that his mother landed a maternity photoshoot that truly skyrocketed her career and it was with his birth that his father was allowed back into his family's legacy. The luck had some personal benefits too; he never seemed to be caught by his parents misbehaving and thus was able to get away with a lot of things growing up, much to his toddler delight at the time. Orion was also considered lucky with his first magical experience too.
Whilst Sky was revealed to be a squib, albeit much later on in life, a lot of Cador and Brittany's children were the subject to being late bloomers. Orion, on the other hand, was five when he had his first magical experience. It was a simple breaking of the vase, something that did legitimately scare the five-year-old. His parents were able to console him and the wait to see whether or not he'd be accepted into Ilvermorny, given his father's reputation, began.
Eudora and Symphony were both unlucky when they turned eleven; both were denied for acceptance at Ilvermorny and thus both ended up going to Hogwarts instead. Cador and Brittany weren't going to try and see if Orion could get in at first but, upon suggestion from their other three children who nicknamed Orion the 'wonder sibling,' the two went ahead and Orion's luck prevailed, being the first Teague accepted into Ilvermorny since his father's acceptance years ago.
Orion took his life at Ilvermorny extremely seriously, determined to turn the Teague name around. He was sorted into Wampus, known for it's warriors, and strove to become nothing short of a prime example of a student. Getting good attendance turned into good grades, good grades turned into an interest in extra-curricular activities and eventually becoming a favoured Quidditch player, which eventually led to him graduating with a stellar profile. Whilst the memories of his father's effect on the Teague name were definitely present, Orion had built a new standard for family members to work up too - a hard one, but better than what it was before. He was told by his professors that anywhere would be lucky to have him and, thanks to encouragement from all fronts, Orion genuinely believed it.
That was all well and good, but Orion didn't know what he wanted to do. For years his goal had been to clean up the Teague name to the best of his teenage ability and graduate Ilvermorny with a good set of grades; two things that he achieved, but had occupied his mind for far too long. Every possible job had a downside he didn't want to commit to. Should he pursue a Quidditch career he knew he'd regret not being able to use his academics more - a vice versa effect when considering a job in the American Magical Congress. It was a hard decision to come by so, to remedy it, he took a break from the magical world and lived the life of a rich kid - something his siblings had been able to do but what he had forgone whilst at the wizarding school.
For two years Orion lived it up in Los Angeles; he embraced his muggle heritage more, was able to shape up, have as many flings as he wanted and, generally, have a good time. The thought about what he'd do back when he returned to the magical world did linger on his mind but, for the most part, he was able to push it aside and connected with what his parents were more used to.
Eventually, Orion returned to the wizarding world and settled on a job as the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor at Ilvermorny. He figured it could combine the utility of his academic knowledge whilst still having the prospect of being able to enjoy the finer things about wizarding life like Quidditch as well as making an impact on the younger generation. To teach alongside those who taught him was a weird feeling at first for him but the twenty-year-old persevered and the rest is history.
It didn't take long for Orion to climb power ladder at Ilvermorny; at twenty-six he had become Head of Wampus House and just two short years later he had been pretty much placed in the role as Headmaster by his fellow staff. Although it was a daunting task to commit to, Orion took it in stride and is in his sixth year of his term, ready to prove himself as one of the great Headteachers of Ilvermorny.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
From a work point of view, Orion is no less than the perfect textbook example of a headmaster. He's strict, yet kind and fair. A good leader, but wants to know what his staff thinks about his decisions and listens to their suggestions. Students at Ilvermorny love him for his playful attitude - even if it is sometimes too playful and makes him seem somewhat immature to outsiders. In Orion's mind, however, its better to joke with the students than to make them fear you and gain control of them that way. Orion is one of those headmasters who seems to be able to remember all the faces and, at the very least, basic facts about them. He wants all his students to feel valued and cared for and actively cheers for them wherever he can.
In general, Orion is an extremely down to earth person who enjoys having fun in life. Known to love Quidditch and have a laugh, it's very hard to find someone who dislikes him at face value. He likes to be social and can definitely be described as a 'social butterfly.' He makes friends easily thanks to his outgoing nature, patience and general humour that he brings. Orion is also known to be fairly resilient and has often bounced back from failures, not wanting to back down from a challenge. He takes most, if not all, tasks he's faced with at his stride and will do his best to accomplish them to the best of his abilities.
Like everyone, there are some negatives to Orion. A neither positive nor negative thing about him is his sarcasm. There's a definite tongue-in-cheek element about some of Orion's jokes that people either love or are annoyed by. Whilst it's obvious that's how he tells jokes and is his humour, sometimes his delivery can be abrasive and turns people off him. Likewise, for however patient he is in general, Orion is incredibly impulsive and likes to have high, sometimes unattainable, aspirations. Perhaps brought upon him by being the babied youngest of four or being given everything due to being a perfect student, Orion has a stubbornness about him. Whilst he's happy to have people critique his ideas, should someone straight up dismiss them or insult them, he'll become stubborn and refuse to see their view of the subject any longer. Likewise, if someone tells him he can't be something, he'll become stubborn and work incredibly hard to get there. Although not a defining feature of Orion's personality, though definitely a key part, is his competitiveness. Thanks to being on the Quidditch team at school, Orion has developed a competitiveness in which he loves to be on top. Whilst it's seemingly negative, it has come in handy for Ilvermorny in recent years (and Wampus before that) as he's managed to push them over the edge in some inter-school contests - the Triwizard Tournament being the next feat he intends to bring back home for Ilvermorny.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Orion is a half-blood.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Orion is the Headmaster of Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; expansion character for the Triwizard Tournament.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
His model is Kellan Lutz.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?