EXPANSION - ILVERMORNY
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each. Pasha would be described by his peers as an outwardly indifferent guy. He’s cool with anything, cool to do anything, and unafraid to experiment. He knows various languages as a result of being a flirt, and despite being very right brained, he’s good at picking them up quickly. As a result of his carefree nature, he isn’t mindful of tidiness and finds that cleaning is a bore and waste of time. He has trouble sleeping, so he spends most of his nights working on creative projects. Most would agree that in what he pursues, he’s determined. Unfortunately, he’s indecisive as to what kind of a creatie he is, which makes him a jack of trades, but a master of none.
Pasha isn’t highly religious, having abandoned the synagogue after his bar mitzvah, but believes in something, and part of his morals are built on those beliefs of his childhood. He’s loyal, but only to those few real friends in his life. Anyone can tell you he’s as stubborn as a mule, especially when he has his mind set on something. He may act tough, but he’s a lover not a fighter. While not outwardly serious, inwardly he’s reflective, and generally it can be expressed through his projects. His style is a bit postmodernist, so it’s mostly deconstructed ideas. He’s a constant smiler, to the annoyance of some of his peers, an a conscious vegan. Pasha isn’t an avid sports fan, but goes hard for the u.s. women's soccer team.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each. Pasha’s journey started in an immigration office, his mother looking to see what were the next steps to residency, his father being the one on duty helping her. At first the meetings were about finances, and other things Nekadam needed to know in order to successfully get her green card. She was a fairly successful tech guru and certainly had the means for it. After she received her green card, she continued meeting up with AJ for less official reasons. They moved in together, built a life together, and got married. Pasha came down the line. Raised as a child in his mother’s faith. Pasha wasn’t a common sight in Philly.
Kids generally made fun of him for his name, which annoyed him enough to start building a bit of a smart mouth. On top of that, being the only mixed kid in private school just created a social gap he sometimes felt he couldn’t could escape. Over years, he was able to wear them out with charisma and the appearance of not caring. In schools like that, even though they’re children, sometimes they’re starved for something as authentic as what Pasha represented. In the magical department, he was a late bloomer, having his first sign of magic at eight. Once, while sleeping, he was able to create the painting he had been making in his dream without getting out of bed. It was an unconscious action, but his parents were pretty freaked out. The american magical community, being so closed off to the no-maj world, responded immediately, having to sit down with Pasha’s parents and explain what was happening with his son.
To Pasha’s relief, he finally escaped his small private school and headed off to Ilvermorny at 11. It was a much more diverse experience that helped him grow as an individual, and as a creative. He probably smoked too much weed, but it didn’t affect him as much as a regular no-maj. After his fourth year, his parents decided that, both as a wizard and a citizen of the world, it would be a good experience for him to use those times to travel and see things. Through school relationships and traveling, he was able to pick up on a multitude of languages, mastering a few. When the triwizard invitation was revealed to the school, he just felt like it was another adventure, having never visited the UK in all his travels. He had started far east coming closer to the west when he’d started his journey. Now, he’s ready to see his school kick some ass.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Brian Whittaker
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3 main, 2 expansion, 1 exotic
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
He's very good at picking up languages.
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
He hates structure and tidiness, so by association, an office. A traditional job is boring.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
What is life? The constant discovery of what the world is and the constant progression to a slef that's better.
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
He isn't very square, which can be a weakness in a very square world
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
- ebony wand - both as a comfortable outsider and a nonconformist, it mathes well with him
- Thunderbird tail feather - he ended up becoming a thunderbird, and it pairs well with the ebony in terms of transfiguration
- slightly bendy - Wand owner is more open to ideas while the wand itself is siffer in loyalty
- 11 inches - not immediately big of a personality, but he can be quite the character
- Potential career: DIMC (maybe ICW?)