The Sorting Quiz
Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
When verbally attacked, Quentin tends to twist what the person said in order to preserve his ego that's been keeping him afloat so long. He's become a master in the art of lying to oneself. It's not a delusion, it's a defense mechanisim that does it's job, and it's one of the only exceptions where he lets sentimentality fully win. He's constantly faced with a choice, and while he usually manages to pick both, cold logic is his primary mode of waking himself up in the morning. When he cannot handle the truth, put in such a calculating, emotionless phrase, such as "Dad makes choices. He choose to leave and raise Ally instead." he prefers the lighter - "Dad makes mistakes. But he's selfless enough to take care of his mistakes."
He's mentally fragile, due to this balance of wanting to see everyone in the best light while protecting his self-worth and esteem. The sudden introduction to the magical arts didn't help this either, as he doesn't want to look down on muggles, such as his mother, and even after his first magic outburst, he still hasn't gotten over his intital fear of himself.
Be it for feeding his ego, or fufilling his lifelone desire to change the world bit by bit, he wants people to like him - almost as much as he wants to like people. Naive could easily describe him, and it's not something he's likely to grow out of, since he doesn't even realize it to be an issue. Regardless, he's easily manipulated with the sole reason of "If you do this, people will know your name," or, better yet, "This will be legendary."
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
"I was born Febuary 25th in Toulose, France. I'm a pretty friendly guy, so it's not like Beauxbatons was my saving grace or anything. I had friends. Not that they were close, life-long friends, since I can get pretty worked up and-- not good things happen, so I had to keep a lookout for that -- but I had friends. Danielle, Andrei -- I can't remember all their names. But I wasn't a freak. I was muggle raised, since my Maman is a muggle, so when I was invited to go to Beauxbatons everyone but my dad was suprised, but I hardly had any time to ask him about what I had just gotten myself into. I wasn't really happy to be thrown into this with no warning. It was unfair, honestly."
"It's not that my dad was unhappy; People make mistakes. Yeah, he had a kid with a married woman, but it was just a mistake! I mean, Ally wasn't a mistake; I love her, she's my sister. But he just had to go take that job in London so he could see Ally and her mom more. He had to take that the British Ministry of Magic and get himself killed."
"A year ago, when Dad died, Ally came to live with us. Prisicillia couldn't handle three kids entirely on her own, she said, but I think she really didn't want to put up with any reminders. Or Ally herself; she's always doing something, and always getting into something, so I can see how she would be hard to raise. Maman wasn't too happy to have her over, either. Maybe she didn't like another mouth to feed, another freak to watch out for, or proof that Duncan made mistakes. Not that I could see how it mattered, since she wouldn't have to see her for most of the year anyways. She would be over for her first year at boarding school, at Beauxbatons, where I would, with no doubt, have to watch her."
"Ally's actually kind of fun. She isn't needy and she isn't afraid. In fact, it was really her idea for us to set some of the animals the Soins aux Créatures Magiques were going to use free. I don't remember the words she used - 'Unlawful imprisonment' maybe? But the way she said it could make anyone agree. I'm not proud that both of us were expelled, but I stand by what I said to the Headmistress - 'If you were there you would've agreed! Really, she's destined to be a civil rights leader or something!'"
"Of course, Maman was not happy. Shocking. I know I was supposed to watch Ally - and I did - as she was working the lock off a cage for some Jobberknolls. It's not like I technically broke a promise..."
"We were sent us to live with my Uncle Darren in London until she was able to sell the house. I wasn't really nervous, not only because I'm pretty fluent in my english, but I knew that next time around, Ally wouldn't be able to rope me into anything."
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Model: Aaron Refvem
His hair is almost always combed, and his mouth is almost always smiling. His light brown eyes almost always have bags under them.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Half-Blood.
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!) No.
11) What year is your character in? Fourth.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry) Slytherin.
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises) Gryffindor!
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? I have 9 overall, but only 2 could be considered exotic.
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below. EST.
Number of A's: 1
Number of B's: 0
Number of C's: 2
Number of D's: 1