A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Rayne's strengths and weaknesses are both sides of the same coin. For instance, her stubbornness can be a strength and a weakness. She will stand by her beliefs but may refuse to see something that may make her stronger. She is extremely kind but she doesn't think before she speaks. That kind of thing.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Rayne, being ten years old, doesn't exactly have any goals or objectives. Though she does dream of flying an airplane...
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Playing outside or exploring. She just loves the outdoors.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Rayne would keep camping gear, a family photo, her wand, a book full of her dad's stories and some money. The reasoning behind all of this is pretty simple, I assumed this is if she had to live on her own. The camping gear for shelter, money for food, her wand to protect herself and a photo and her dad's storybook to remember.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
She would probably change the whole 'hiding from Muggles' thing. After all, it's kind of stupid in her opinion. It's not the 1600s after all!
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
Rayne definitely wants to go into Gryffindor. After all, that's where the brave of heart dwell! She wouldn't want to be sorted Slytherin for the simple reason that she just doesn't see herself there.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Rayne Davidson is a very headstrong young girl. She doesn't take no for an answer. Which makes her extremely stubborn. She's a very kind and caring person. Just don't piss her off. She will make you miserable. She is extremely loyal to her family and friends. Rayne is also very curious about the world around her.
She has trouble picking up social cues, making it difficult for her to pick up sarcasm. She has trouble making friends but not keeping them. So YAY to being socially awkward! She can be a bit reckless and headstrong. However, when it comes down to it, she can be incredibly responsible. When she loves something, she's very passionate about it. She can also come of as a geek or dork.
Rayne is very determined to succeed in life like her parents. Which, can get her into trouble. She sticks up for the little guy like her father taught her. She can't stand bullying, after all, what makes them think that they can get away with it? She speaks before she thinks, however, making it so she is the bully sometimes without even realizing it. When she does, she'll do anything to make it up to the person she offended.
She is incredibly outdoorsy. It's to the point where she only feels comfortable while camping or being outside. Rayne loves the outside world so much more then indoors and will often try to escape her chores (and probably her classes in the future) to just sit outside.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Duncan Davidson was just your typical military brat. Well, except for the fact that he attended Ilvermorny, a school for those with the mystical ability called magic. Duncan was soon placed in the house called Wampus, the place for warriors. Which, NATURALLY, fit him to the T. In fact, he would meet his future wife, Jeannie at this school.
Once Duncan turned 18, he decided to join the US Army like his father and grandfather before him. Duncan applied to join the US Rangers and was accepted into Ranger School. Upon his graduation from Ranger School, Duncan was sent out on his first deployment, leaving Jeannie behind, along with their first and only son named Harley. Little did Duncan know however, Jeannie was pregnant with their second child. A girl this time, she was named Emiline over a video conference while Duncan was in a war zone.
By the time, Duncan returned home, Emiline was about a year old. It didn't take long for Jeannie to get pregnant again. This time though, Duncan was going to be home. It was a baby girl again named Clara. Three kids was enough for the couple, at least for the moment. Plus they didn't want to risk another kid. By the time her or she would be due, Duncan might be overseas again.
Duncan and Jeannie made the right decision. Soon as Duncan was eligible to be sent overseas, he was off. At the time, Clara was a newborn, Emiline was three and Harley was four. Duncan would be gone for two years this time. However, when Duncan returned home Jeannie got pregnant again. For the last time though. When the last Davidson was born Harley was seven, Emiline was 6 and Clara was three. The youngest Davidson was also a girl, named Rayne.
Two years after Lil' Rayne's birth, Duncan was sent overseas again. This time, however, he would come back with a heavy conscious and a fake leg. You see, helicopters don't stand a chance against a weapon called 'RPG'. Unfortunately, Duncan's team ran into these deadly weapons, killing five out of six of his members. He was the only survivor.
He was obviously sent home to his family with a purple heart. Rayne at the time, didn't understand why her daddy was in so much pain. Though, she acted like nothing was wrong, not even when she sees her dad put on a fake leg every morning.
Rayne's first sign of magic was during the times when her dad was away doing his physical and emotional therapy. Her siblings wouldn't let her play with them, so naturally, she set fire to their little paper game. Of course, she had no idea that she was the cause of this. Only her older siblings did and that was only because their parents told them about magic already. They all freaked out though and Jeannie came out, assessed the situation and put out the spreading fire, leaving a black scorch mark on their table.
After a while, they moved to England. Which, ironically, was right before Rayne would've started Ilvermorny. Instead, she ended up getting a letter to Hogwarts, where she will start her magical training and what not. Let's up she doesn't do something crazy, yeah?
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
Future First Year
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
Template:MerisaMist/Characters + One in Sorting
- sodium for salty times 16:28, November 11, 2016 (UTC)