A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B'. Magical 'Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B'. The wide, sunny, grassy 'lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- 'D'. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- 'D'. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each. Rosie is a sweet girl with a curious attitude that has a bit of spunk to it. She isn't one to back down from a challenge, and doesn't think that there's anything keeping her from achieving something. Rosie believes that she can have the world in her hands, and no one can tell her otherwise.
Despite her curious nature, it doesn't mean she's that smart about it. If she wants to investigate something, she'll follow her desire without stopping to think about the dangers. It's caused her to get into some pretty sticky situations, and into some deep trouble. It's not that she does it out of bad intentions, it's just that bad things happen to her.
Rosie has a strong sense of what's wrong and what's right, but that doesn't mean she won't use some tricks to get what she wants. She isn't deceiving, but she does know how to get her way if she needs to go down that path. Rosie would never intentionally hurt someone to get her way, but if she has something she needs to do and someone is in her way, she'll figure out a way to get them out of the picture.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Garen and Talwyn were adults when they met. They were adults when they fell in love, and got married, and eventually, gave birth to a girl. They had met at work, really. They had seen each other in the halls for years, but it wasn't until Talwyn broke up with an ex, and Garen finally asked her out, did sparks cause the fire for them. After Nessa was born was when their life came together. One year after Nessa was born, Rosie was born on May 7th. Her father, Garen Ollivander, a cousin of the great wandmaker of Ollivander's in Hogsmeade. His family being one of the Sacred 28, though widely ignoring the blood purity. Garen was a half-blood, and Talwyn, of an olden Shamanistic family of Finland, known to have been the ancestors of Giants and spellweavers, Vinunen. Least to say, Nessa heard some interesting stories.
The family made shop in Brooklyn, and the family spent time in both the Muggle and the Magical world. Rosie was almost a perfect child, save for her attitude. It wasn't that she was a horrible child, it was just that she had to ask so many questions and always ask why or how come. She would argue and try to understand things, but her parents just got frustrated with her. She loved to watch them work, but would ask too many questions and distract them.
Rosie didn't become bitter, but she did feel left out. As a little kid she learned to keep things to herself, and didn't talk as much as she got older. Keeping everything inside wasn't good for her, and she became quicker to snap at someone or argue with what people would say. Her parents took notice of this and set to work on snipping her attitude and getting to the bottom of it.
Having her parents help her made it so she didn't become so harsh and bitter, and she worked through her issues and opened up with them. It took about a year for her to completely clean up her attitude, but when she did she became the sweet and curious little girl she always was.
Her magic first appeared when she was 8 years old, just after hearing about what her older sister had done. She wanted to experience magic as well and tried so hard to do anythinginvolving magic. She nearly strained herself so badly that she almost passed out, but she was able to shatter a window and got so excited that when she went to tell her parents she tripped and hit her head against the stairs, causing her to pass out.
When she was old enough to go to Ilvermorny she was sorted into Pukwudgie, and instantly felt like she had a place to belong. It was a little hard to adjust, but she absolutely loved everything about the school, and especially since she was surrounded by magic 24/7.
It was the summer between her 2nd and 3rd year that things switched up. After her sister received multiple warnings, and almost being expelled, the Ollivander family consider it a good idea for them to change things up. So, they decided to move to England, to reconnect with family in Hogsmeade. Nessa began her fourth year in Hogwarts with Rosie beginning her third, and she isn't very happy about it
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Mackenzie Foy
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!) Half-Blood
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) Nope
6) What year is your character in? 3rd
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why? Gryffindor or Ravenclaw
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 12/4
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
Getting stuff done. Rosie is exceptional at doing a task and doing it right, but if someone nags her or keeps telling her to do it then she purposefully won't do it.
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
Mackenzie would like to work in an office, but she would also like the freedom to move around as well.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
Mackenzie wants to be independant. She wants to have her own life, and in the future be able to live comfortably.
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
Rosie is too much of a worrier, the littlest things worry her and drive her anxiety crazy.
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
Hawthorn, Phoenix Tail Feather, 8 inches. Rosie isn't too sure why her wand is so special to her, but she feels a certain connection with her wand that she doesn't feel with anything else. To her, it's almost like her wand is alive.