1) Give a short history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they
My name is Ryan Cohn, although I prefer my middle name, Matthew. I was born as a half-blood in New York, but I was raised by two pure-bloods in Norway. I was surrounded by magical, odds, and old items all my life, which kind of started my obsession with that kind of stuff.
When I was a teenager, a girl I dated gave me a human skull. She couldn't have chosen a more appropriate gift. I'd handled just about every variety of animal skull, except an elephant at the time, but this was the first homosapien cranium I'd seen up close. I was awe-inspired. It wasn't just a half-eaten dog skull, this belonged to an actual person. The weeks passed, and I looked over the anatomical works of Leonardo DaVinci. I was absolutely compelled to examine every aspect of what made up the human cranium. Every component, detail, and the complexity that formed this wondrous structure took my breath away. I was researching more, when I discovered Anatomist Claude Beauchene's "exploded" skulls from the 18th century. I decided to hunt down skulls to bring back this lost art form.
However, recently, my business went down a bit more than I realized. I hunted and bargained with people, and I found Obscura, which the owners, Evan and Mike hired me. I helped then find more old and odd bits to go in their shop. However, if I could not bargain, I was kinda forced to do a bit of personal bargaining, which was a steal. I also want to start my own taxidermy and skull shop later.
2) Give a short description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
I would say I'm a bit odd, although I have a social life. Aside form that,with my job, there are a lot of different roles I play professionally. I think instead of limiting myself as an "artist" or "osteologist" perhaps "professional weirdo" or "ecclectic mad scientist" may be more appropriate. You really have to have an odd sense of humor when it comes to this type of business. We are grownups that play with dead things, and make a living that way. We are so lucky!
Ryan, despite being helpful and one of the most awesome guys you will meet, has a bit of a darker side to him.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Half-blood
4) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? I work at Obscura, especially during day shifts. During the night, especially on weekends, I go out for personal bargains, making a steal.
5) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Yeah I'm single, but dating can be a little tricky sometimes. In the past, I stayed away from collectors, but I don't have any strict rules or guidelines when it comes to dating. My apartment is filled to the brim with my collection of antique relics, and some people don't want to deal with this. My job is also very time consuming. I go out in the field at 3AM. I try and separate my work and social life the best I can.
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
- A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
- B) Lake
- C) Mountain
- D) Road
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A) A Complex Spell
- B) A Spell Of Control
- C) A Combat Spell
- D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
- A) Wise
- B) Cunning
- C) Hard-working
- D) Loyal
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
- A) Shrug it off.
- B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
- C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
- D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
- A) Grades.
- B) Getting your way.
- C) Life.
- D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry) Does not matter
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises) Does not matter
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below. -4