1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Ryder is quite the character. While he has a big heart it sometimes can lead him into trouble, making him trust too early and put his heart on his sleeve. He's been known to be a bit of a sensitive guy, but because of his job he's forced to push down his feelings and put on a cool guy attitude. While Ryder would like to be more open with his emotions and feelings, he doesn't think that he'll find anyone to open up too.
Ryder is okay with his sexuality, but because of how he's been treated in the past he doesn't open up about it that much. It's more of a protection and a wall that he's put up, not wanting to disappoint anyone. He wants to be able to find someone who will love him for him, even if that's just a close friend who'll like him. His older brother is really the only one who knows everything about Ryder and how he trusts the most to speak to.
Ryder really just wants to live a happy life. He's been trying to do better in opening up, and while he trusts easily there's certain things he doesn't trust to tell others. Ryder wishes he could be the person everyone wants, and while he plays the facade on the outside he doesn't live like that on his own. He's scared of others judgements because of how he was raised, and wants to be accepted and loved by those around him.
Ryder is fun loving, sweet, caring and sensitive. He’s open to adventure and possibility, but he’s scared inside of opening up and being personal. While he likes the idea of a relationship, he isn’t sure he could have one.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Ryder was born in Oslo, Norway to a humble family. His parents weren't anything special and were honestly scraping by when he was born, but he was an added joy into his parent's life. Growing up was a bit of an adventure since he grew up on a farm some miles outside of Oslo, and his family was kind and caring. His childhood was honestly that of a dream, save for all the farm chores he had to do.
Ryder was born 3 years after Flynn was born, the two being two peas in a pod. They did everything together, especially more so after Flynn's magic manifested after saving Ryder from falling out of a tree when Flynn was 7 and Ryder was 4. Ryder's own magic appeared after Flynn went off to Hogwarts, leaving him alone and he cried in his room all by himself until his magic made the ceiling turn into the night sky to calm him down.
Though when Ryder turned 7 everything changed, some would say for the better and others would say for worse. Ryder's father had won the lottery, and not just any lottery but the jackpot lottery. He won (in American money) $930 million dollars which brought the family out of poverty and into the rich high life, which for the parents was a wonderful change but it was hard on Flynn.
They moved from their small farm to a huge house in the highlands of Norway in a rich, fancy neighborhood where their father ended up getting a job at an office and their mother went off to work as well. Leaving the two boys to be raised by maids and nanny's and be sent off to private school instead of homeschool. Not to mention their baby brother Eugene was being raised in this rich lifestyle with no knowledge of the family farm.
Ryder hated having to be prim and proper, learning how to be a gentleman when all he wanted to do was play outside and use his hands. He was a hands-on learning and wanted nothing more then to be in the dirt and grime and build things, but alas that wasn't suited for a boy of his status. Instead he was forced to wear pressed suits and learn how to eat with the proper fork and spoon and have a napkin on his lap, all until he went off to Hogwarts and threw it all away.
Ryder was his real self at Hogwarts, flowing in his classes and joining the Hufflepuff Quidditch team as a small firstie. He was quite the cute little kid, small and skinny and looking like a first grader. He was teased a lot, but Flynn was there to protect him despite how angsty he was as a teenager. When Ryder started going through puberty it was when he started building his reputation, fitting into his new body and starting to do better in Quidditch and even becoming the seeker for the Hufflepuff team.
Ryder loved everything about Hogwarts, and wished he could stay year-round but his parents refused and made him come home for the Holidays. At home, he had to shut up and be prim and proper like the good high-class boy he was. He absolutely hated it, and it was at one of his parent's rich parties he realized he was Bi when he and a few other teenagers snuck into a room and did some not-so-appropriate things.
When he graduated from Hogwarts he left his parents home immediately, being signed onto Appleby Arrows as their seeker and traveling around the world with them. They even won a few national competitions and even the world cup, being the crown moment of his career. At the moment Ryder is on the off-season and relaxing as best as he can in England what with the new laws and minister.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!Ken Bek
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
Half-Blood 5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) N/A
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? Seeker for the Appleby Arrows
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
A. Transfiguration B. Hexes & Jinxes C. Magical Creatures D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
A. Moon B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
A. Freshly baked bread B. Parchment C. The Sea D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
A. Dawn B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy" C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
A. White B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
A. Forest B. River
9. What scares you most?
A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
A. Draw your wand & search for the source B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out C. Draw your wand & stand your ground D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?