1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Véronique "Vera" Vernier was a petite but dark-haired spitfire of a French witch. Somewhere in the family line, a Veela was sure to be found, explaining her appearance. Though Vera loved Quidditch, she considered it more of a hobby than a potential career during her years at Beauxbatons. Either way, she was more focused on modeling, flaunting her figure till she was a trendsetting face in many magazines.
It was sort of tradition in their family to try to blend in with the Muggles from time to time, so the long-since pureblood family was gravely persecuted during the two Wizarding World Wars. Vera's mother had been killed during the Death Eater raid in the 1994 Quidditch World Cup, and even though it gave her enough reason to avoid the sport, Vera was determined to not let the past get in the way of her future. Which was good.
Shortly after graduation, she made acquaintances with a charming Irish Muggle-born photographer named Aerich Fleming. Aerich was a late-bloomer wizard, and even after he finally graduated from Hogwarts (age 20), he opted to return to his Muggle roots and love for photography.
The two kept in contact for two years before finally going on a date, that led to another, that led to another, that led to eventual proposal and marriage. Photographer and model romance, indeed, it was.
They had their first child, Sachi, shortly before their one year anniversary. However, Sachi was almost a Squib, exhibiting no signs of magic until she was almost eleven. Their next child, Sabina, came a year younger than her sister, but by the time both were adults, strangers swore that Sabina looked like the older.
Sabina showed her first sign of magic when she was a mere month old by changing her own diapers. Though the incident would've been very convenient if it occurred daily, her parents were delighted. She had a mostly normal childhood as one gets when one's mother is a famous model and one's father is a talented photographer. Sabina and Sachi remained close despite their differences. Sachi was clumsy and awkward, Sabina being elegant and quick-witted. The sisters did care for each other, and when their Hogwarts letters came, supported each other through thick and thin.
Gryffindor called to Sabina, Hufflepuff to Sachi.
Magic came naturally to Sab, which surprisingly caused little to no conflict between she and her sister. Sachi was more confident with theories and the such, always stumbling at the more practical work. Meanwhile, Sab was good at both. The latter tried to help her sister as much as she could, but after graduation Sachi ended up becoming an actress, gaining more confidence on-screen than she had ever exhibited in real life.
Sabina was another case. She had trouble trying to figure out which world she would go for - magical or Muggle. A few wise words from her dear mother screwed her head up right, and she decided. Photography had been something she'd enjoyed since a child, and she'd been part of the Gryffindor Quidditch team for six years running as a Beater or Chaser. Following her mother's advice, she went for both.
While doing photography on the sidelines, Sabina eventually became a professional Quidditch player. Her Beater position tended to elicit snide remarks for those who had not seen her play - "Love, you should be at a modeling agency, not on a Quidditch field." - but she put them in their places soon enough with a sweet smile and a smack of a bat. Her demeanor tended to throw people off, as she and her sister had inherited her mother's lovely looks and their father's mild attitude. Eventually, she ended up playing for the Ballycastle Bats.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Sabina's first impression is often "No. She CAN'T be a professional Quidditch player...a BEATER nonetheless!" She's the complete opposite of her sister - elegant, mild-mannered, and with a passion for photography. Nobody, not even her parents, understand how her love for Quidditch developed, equally as strong as she had for photography.
The Gryffindor alumni has a way of defusing people's anger; some people even claim she has a calming touch. Absolute opposite of the feisty stereotype, eh? She is quick about with her wits, capable of stopping a fight before it starts. But you should never underestimate her, because under than veneer of calm...the Sorting Hat never lies. Underneath that is a raging inferno, and Sabina's temper is not one easily invoked or dispersed.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-blood. There is a Veela somewhere up in the family tree, but not prominent enough for her to exhibit any powers.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
People claim she has a calming touch, but actually that's just her personality.
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Beater for Ballycastle Bats (if the logistics are updated...then there's still one more spot, correct me if I'm wrong)
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
I have 4 major, none exotic.
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.