The Open-Ended Questions
A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why? She would like to be in Slytherin as her family line is. She does not want to be any other hosue, but specifically Ravenclaw. She considers their constant desire for knowlegde and impractical.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Samira Zyada is a very strong-minded individuel. She sets goals and will ruthlessly achieve them; she never sets goals she will abandon. She is clever and quick-minded, able to slyly think her way out of most trouble. She is also organized and very strict; she will not accept anything less than perfection. Samira is reasonably quiet; she does not speak unless spoken to. Although she doesn't go out of her way to be arrogant (especially as she rarely talks), she does consider almost all around her stupid and/or inferior. She tends to believe this as she has a natural way with persuading (and intimidating) others due to her natural legilimency. Samira is thus influential and a good leader with those around her. She is short-tempered, quick to snap, and very stubborn. But don't let that fool you, as she is recklessly loyal and extremly kind to those she holds dear (and her inner circle is VERY hard to get into). Despite the closed and cold exterieur, she uses her natural way with people to do nothing but spoil her favouirtes.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Samira comes from a long and old egyptian family line, her origins roalty, She was born on December 21st; the darkest day of the year. She is the eldest of 8 children and the only daugher of Suphis and Khaa Zyada. She grew up in a large castle of a magic-only community in the middle of the sandy egyptian dessert. Samira is used to nothing more than the finest of quality objects due to her family's wealth and royal influence over their general area. As a child, she was her parents most precious jewel. She was viewed as a gift from the gods, especially due to their relations with worshipping Anubis (the god of death), and her birthday being on the winter solstice. Her family is very devout to the ancient gods and has raised her to be the same. Samira grew up exploring the small area around her home and has had mininal exposure to the external world. Her relationship with her parents was always good, but ever since her first signs of magic, tension has existed. At the age of nine, Samira accidentlay read her fathers mind and asked who the 'beautiful women he was touching' was, as she clearly was not her mother Khaa. But, the parents stayed together nonetheless, mostly as a way to preserve the beauty and traditions they were raised in. Because Samira has been able to read their memories ever since, her parents and siblings walk as if on glass around her, very careful not to engrage or disturb her. The sand princess began to feel isolated from her family, which lead to even more sand adventures. Instead of going to any other magic school, her father denied any invitaions to any closer magical schools in order for her to attend Hogwarts and continue the Slytherin legacy.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Samira has dark skin-kissed skin, and long, thick black hair that falls in natural curls down her back. Here eyes are a bright golden, but they have a constant death glare. She is average height at 5ft6, but she has a muscular and athletic build to her.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Samira is a pureblood. She comes from a very long line of witches and wizards.
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) Samira's family (including herself) consists of powerful Legilimens. She, without practice, naturally is able to understand the thoughts, intentions and esires of another person. She keeps this a secret, although she will occasioally respond outloud to others thoughts.
6) What year is your character in? 6th year.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
Hello there, and welcome to DARP! Your character looks good so far, but there's a few issues.
- Could you add another paragraph to Samira's history? As she's a 6th year, there could have been something that happened along her time in Hogwarts.
- As your first character, Samira cannot be a Legilimens, since that would make her exotic. To that extent, her whole family can't have been Legilimens either, since it is a very rare trait in the wizarding society.
- It's been over a week with no edits. Denied.