Please put Radioactive1770 (talk) 07:17, February 22, 2019 (UTC) or your user signature here.Radioactive1770 (talk) 07:17, February 22, 2019 (UTC)----The Character's Background 1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Sebastian is an eccentric young man, always wondering around observing and contemplating questions great and small, both mentally and (quite often) aloud. He tends to speak quickly when nervous and can be very witty in his responses if he is focused on the conversation. Rarely do people see him without a smile on his face as he appears to constantly focus on the beauty and childish wonder of every small thing around him.
He is a total gentleman to every person he meets and treats strangers how he would wish to be treated. His hands seem to constantly be on the move, writing notes, fiddling with a ring, tapping against a table etc. To most it appears he has been drinking too much coffee or simply suffers from the shakes but neither is true. His twitches are a response to past trauma suffered as a teenager that left him with a form of PTSD, causing him to have nightmares and be constantly watchful of anyone in paranoia. He tries to put on a facade of simply having too much energy, which at times he does, yet in truth he does find it hard to sleep at night and often sleeps during the day to sleep more restfully.
Sebastian, while quirky, is in fact very intelligent, but he only barely passed most of his classes. He didn't push himself to try and earn top marks, rather he was much more focused on studying than exams. He spent a lot of time experimenting with new potions than making the ones he was required to in class, and not following instructions in others. His time at Hogwarts didn't leave him with a lot of friends for his evasiveness and fast-thinking personality, but for the few friends he does have he is always willing to help out at the drop of the hat and warmly welcome those he trusts.
Despite Sebastian's over-activity he does find time to calm down through practicing meditation to ease his shakes and focus better on the current problem. It helps to cleanse his mind and slow things down, making him better at making logic but also moral decisions without hesitation when the time comes. Mediation helps to bring out the steadfast, strong willed side of him rather than the scatter-brained eccentric with his head in the clouds.
Sebastian's main drive is towards the discovery of new and exciting places, objects and beings. He travels to other countries in search of long lost magical artifacts, rare potion ingredients, ancient scrolls and tomes, and forgotten knowledge just waiting to be found. He has yet to find anything of great importance yet but when he does he wants to share his discoveries to the world, and help improve the lives of all beings. He seeks a life of risk and adventure to keep himself moving forward and never looking back.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Sebastian was born in Missoula, Montana at 1:34am on the 23rd of September 1998. His father, Doug Fletcher, was a farm laborer on a nearby ranch and his mother, Ann Martin, was a history professor from London. They had met when she had been on an archaeological dig at an old Native American site nearby where he lived. Their paths crossed a number of times as he was curious about what was being found, and after a few conversations he asked he on a date and the rest is history. Ann resigned from her job a couple of months later, then followed her longtime passion of freelance Archaeology which Doug approved of and had her based at his home.
A couple of years later Doug finally built up enough savings to purchase an engagement ring and asked Ann to marry him, which she said yes to. Both didn't have any close family and had a small ceremony in the local church with a few close friends. Sebastian was a true blessing for the two of them and they wanted more children but complications resulted in Ann having a historectamy. But although they couldn't have more children, they did make sure to give Sebastian the best childhood possible. Neither were rich and couldn't afford lots of gifts or family holidays but they did take the time to go on camping trips together in the mountains, teach their son how to ride horses, and give him attention whenever possible. When Sebastian reached schooling age he was home-schooled by his mother Ann, especially in History but also in all the other critical studies of mathematics, science, english etc. Both with Ann's academic skills and Doug's real-life experience Sebastian's young mind developed quickly and by the time he was ten he could explain the themes of Pride and Prejudice, quote the dates and places of important battles in history, as well as shoot and butcher rabbit himself. The wide open spaces of the ranch his father had worked for most of his life on gave him the freedom he needed to explore, dream and burn energy.
His life really began to change at six when he was going to the Sunday church service. As everyone was arriving in the parking lot he heard the screech of tires and the scream of a young girl. One of the arriving families didn't notice the girl running to fetch a lost stuffed toy in the street and ran her over. There was a rush to get to the girl but she wasn't breathing, and nobody could tell how much damage was sustained internally. Her parents were beside themselves in horror and tried to get emergency services on the line as fast as possible. Sebastian didn't know want to do other than hold her head in his hands and will the girl to be better. Slowly the cuts on her face began to close up and the bruising lessened, then to everyone's surprise she gasped and opened her eyes. Much of the crowd didn't notice the healing Sebastian had somehow preformed without thought but his parents had and they quickly moved him away before anyone noticed the speechless expression on his face. Ann and Doug didn't know what to do at first and both tried to convince Sebastian and themselves that they'd imagined it all. And they did end up convincing themselves that it hadn't been real when nothing else strange happened for over a year. Then Sebastian started making pens roll toward himself in school lessons, and making small pebbles levitate if he need ammo for his slingshot. His parents told him to keep his 'gift' to himself whenever guests were around and he did his best to do so. They didn't fear his strange powers but they knew that others might do so and feared for their son.
It was years later on his eleventh birthday that in through a window came a large owl with a letter that truly threw his entire life out of wack. Before he knew what was happening his mother and him were flying to England and he was being sent to a strange school called Hogwarts. Sebastian's addiction to knowledge only grew in it's appetite at being in this ancient castle, learning about a new a strange world of magic, and meeting all sorts of different people with far more knowledge than he. Were it not for the newfound claustrophobic surroundings, as well as living with hundreds of other students, he may have ended up talking to every person he met. Hogwarts schooling was different for him compared to the Home schooled lessons with his mother but he quickly adjusted to the rules and housing, even began to gain a couple of friends with fellow Muggle-born who were new to magic. Through his hard studies while living in Hogwarts his grades showed he was learning well and he was adapting to the new environment. Over the course of the next few years he continued to improve in his knowledge and became quite friendly with most of the student population that didn't judge him solely for his Muggle-born status. And when he wasn't at school he would return to his parents and tell them about the wonderful thing he was learning.
They were very skeptical at first but as he showed them the incredible magic he could do they couldn't be prouder of their son. Things were going great for Sebastian until the end of year three of Hogwarts, when he returned home only to learn his parents had both died in what appeared to be a car accident that caused their vehicle to skid off the road and over a cliff into the river below. Their bodies were recovered after a couple of days of searching for the car, and a few days after that Sebastian went to their funeral. Seeing their bodies lying their motionless Sebastian broke down and fell into a deep depression for over a week, barely leaving his room while his parent's will was being sorted out. He eventually learned that they'd left him a sizable nest egg for his future and the house along with their worldly possessions were in a trust for him when he became of age.
Returning to Hogwarts after the will reading was hard on Sebastian but he knew his parents would not want him to wallow in grief. He instead tried to move forward rather than sort his feelings out, tirelessly studying and learning as much as he could from his teachers. His thirst for knowledge grew from an addiction to an obsession, causing him to push away friends and abandon social activities for tireless book-work. Despite this he never did try to aim for high grades in his schooling, there was simply to motivation for him to try to impress anyone or show anyone how well he was doing in school. He would go home when he was forced to and live with his neighbor, Tommy Crowe, his legal guardian, but it wasn't the same as returning to his parents. He chose to not visit his old home for fear of the memories it would bring back, and the more he thought of his dead parents, lying cold in their coffins, the more his body twitched and shakes. He would learn to find some peace in the woods where his mother took him on day hikes for PE and he dad would take him hunting to catch dinner. And some days, just lying in the woods in silence would stop the shakes as good memories of old would flood his mind.
As Hogwarts finally ended for Sebastian he used his knowledge of the Muggle and Magical world to move back and forth between the two, becoming a freelancer as his mother, but always on the move to the next ancient site. Using the money left to him by his parents he was able to fund his own expeditions throughout Europe and Northern Africa, on the look out for artifacts and magical items. His freelancing only lasted for two years before his funds became low and he had to find a way of earning an income.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!He is 6'2 with an athletic build. Green eye and dirty blonde hair. He wears a bloodstone necklace his mother gave him when he joined Hogwarts, and a copper thumb ring from his father that is engraved with a rattlesnake and the words 'Don't Tred On Me.' Billy Vandendooren
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!) Muggleborn, No magical relations 5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He is currently unemployed.
The Sorting Quiz A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at? Research and Observation
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field? He loves being in the field, gets claustrophobic in offices.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion? His love of adventure in the search of knowledge, to find lost treasures from ages long past.
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie? He is constantly on the move and has trouble staying grounded. Doesn't want to face the fact his parents will never return and he is truly alone.
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them? Sebastian's wand is made of Aspen with a Phoenix Feather core. It answers to him because he is a bit of an introvert and doesn't fit in with most people because of his quirks. But he is also strong-willed and strong-minded when it comes to right and wrong. Sebastian does indeed seek adventure/quests for knowledge and lost artifacts and enjoys experimenting with magic when he has a new idea.
If there are any tips on giving my character employment is would really help. Anything I need to work on for my character, just let me know!