1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Seo is a quiet person when he's around those he doesn't know. He likes to observe and watch and take in his surroundings and the conversations of those around him. He tries not to give his input until he's learned enough about a person or a group of people, and sometimes he'll say one or two things to test the waters and get his bearings before trying to make friends or have a connection with someone.
Despite Seo being quiet at first, when someone gets to know him they'll see that he's actually a loud and funny individual to be around. He loves to talk, dance, sing, entertain, everything. He loves the spotlight and could talk someone's ear off all day. Seo isn't exactly a stuck-up or complete extrovert, he just feels comfortable acting like that around people he knows.
Seo has a hard time with commitment, relationship and friend-wise, because he doesn't want to put his heart out there only for it to be crushed. He usually has surface friendships and hook ups because it's not much maintenance or commitment and he can just get what he needs and not feel guilty or worry.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Seo was the only child born to Song Gyeong and Min-Ho Park. Song and Min-Ho had a big age gap, she was 18 and he was 30 and it was a fling at her parents work party. Min-Ho wanted nothing to do with Song and the baby, but because of the expectations of those around him and his reputation he had to marry her to cover up his mistakes.
When Seo was born he was a happy, quiet baby who looked exactly like his mother. Min-Ho didn't have any care towards the child, wanting to work on his career and so he left Song alone while he went off to work late nights and early mornings. Song, being the young 19 y/o mother she was, struggled raising Seo all by herself. Eventually she had her mother move in to help, which made Min-Ho angrier.
Seo's mother was sweet and caring while his dad had a horrible temper and anger issues that he took out on Song and sometimes Seo if he was in close proximity. Min-Ho mostly screamed and argued with Song, only slapping her across the cheek and never actually beating her. This behavior lasted for 5 years while the two were together, and Seo never really knew his father except for the screaming and slapping of his mom.
Min-Ho left Song and Seo to move the company to America, divorcing her under the table and in secret as to not cause any up-roar or damage his reputation. Seo wasn't hurt by this but was angry that he was leaving her alone with Seo, and watching his father leave damaged the little boy's trust issues with anyone besides his mother.
Song moved from Korea to England to start a new life and raise Seo away from Korea and anything to do with Min-Ho, changing her legal name back to her maiden one and making Seo take on hers as well. Seo was 8 when his magic first appeared, he was so upset with his mom because he wanted to know where his father was but she wouldn't tell him, causing all the windows to shatter in their apartment.
Seo was sent to primary school up until he turned 11 and got his Hogwarts letter, which his mother was thankful for because he would make friends and be able to grow into himself.
While Seo was at Hogwarts he did open up a little more and wasn't so scared of the world, but it was still difficult for him to trust anyone completely. He was 13 when he started to trust people a little more, but then his mother met someone and got remarried while he was at Hogwarts and that destroyed him completely.
Seo doesn't hate his step-dad, Jung-Chul, as he makes his mother very happy. But Seo will never see him as a father figure, just a person in his life. Seo's relationship with his mother became strained as well, and he pulled back from her and stuck to himself. All through Hogwarts it was difficult because while he heard of the things his mother and Jung-Chul did, it made him feel more and more alone.
After graduation, Seo moved out of his mother's house into his own small apartment with the money he received from graduation. He's comfortable in his solitude now and despite the pains of his past, he's pushed his emotions down enough that he himself isn't sure if he can truly feel anything anymore.3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Seokjin
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!) Pure-Blood
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) Not Exotic
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? Plans to work as a curse-breaker
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 13/3
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?