This Character's nickname is Sharky.
The Open-Ended Questions
A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- over achiever
- can be rude
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Sharky really really wants to become a famous Quidditch player. Ever since she was young, her father took her to the Quidditch World Cup. She was amazed at it. She's been to so many she has almost every small Quiditch player moving models in her room.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so? Mainly practicing Quidditch. If she can't play it at school, she'll do it with her friends in a Muggle-free field.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why? -Her broom
-Her dorky shark christmas hat
-Her round, golden-rimmed sunglasses
-Her small bottle of enchanted glitter and dyed water.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? She thinks getting into the ministry should be easier. She thinks this because her father was declined once from the ministry.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
She is very bold and brave, and reckless with so. She'll do anything to look brave, even if it kills her. Dare her to do something, and bet your soul she'll do it. She's very friendly, and will be your friend if you let her. She likes to talk, a lot, so socializing is a necessity to blabber her mouth off.
She's very athletic, she loves Quidditch and muggle sports. She plays muggle lacrosse and hockey at home when she's there. She's a very big overachiever. She dreams big, but usually isn't very successful. She can be quite rude when it comes to it, and playfully insults and teases most of the time.
But she can be harsh when winded up by someone. She took all these traits mainly from her parents and two older sisters. They were all Hogwarts students, and they're all quite good at magic. Her mother is an Auror, and her father, after applying twice to the Ministry is in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Her family is pretty well paid and kind of rich.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Sharky grew up quite normally. She was born to Annemarie Marleen-Laurens and Robert McLaughlin. They had both her sisters right after they were married and Sharky three years later. Her sister Lynnette (Lynn) couldn't say "Serenity", so she looked at her little wooden sea animal toys. She called Serenity "Sharky" and the name stuck.
Her other sister Janella called her "Sera-naughty" (and when told this story Sharky started laughing so hard the orange juice in her mouth came out her nose). Sharky grew up loving Quidditch. When she was four, her father took her to the Quidditch World Cup. She watched the people zoom around on their brooms. Everytime somebody got hit with a bludger she'd laugh. She loved Quidditch, even if it was hard for her baby mind to understand. She grew up mainly reading, drawing, playing Quidditch, getting food from the muggle stores. She stole her sisters books about magic and Quidditch and read and re-read all of them she could find.
Her first magical experience was when she turned 5. Sharky had been walking around when she spotted a girl on a long tree. A man was screaming, "Get down, you'll fall!" However, the girl just dangled from a branch. Suddenly, the branch had snapped. It a quick panic, Sharky caught the girl midair. Before the most likely muggle man could turn and yell at her, Sharky ran back to her parents. Her parents were so proud they were in tears and her sisters threw a party. She spent her first two years lazing around and failing History of Magic, but she was quite good and a lot of the other classes, mainly Potions, DATDA (Defense Against The Dark Arts), and Charms. She had good grades and quite loves Hogwarts so far.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Her model is Danielle Bregoli.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
I'm looking to make Sharky an Animagus.
6) What year is your character in?
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
I have ten (including Sharky and my new baby), and like I said, I'm looking to make Sharky and animagus, but otherwise none of my characters are exotic.
Can you add more details to her history post-first signs of magic? Otherwise, she so far looks good. :)
- You make it sound in her history, when healing the little girl, as though she did so intentionally. That's not possible for someone her own age. Maybe in her panic, she healed her? But otherwise, she can't do it on her own. Children's magic is uncontrollable, essentially.