A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- Serenity thinks that her curiosity is her best feature, because it makes her a more open and accepting person (in her eyes this is the reason, but she is regardless so it doesn't quite matter). However, her stubborn attitude that will rarely peek through is probably her biggest downfall. That, and how incredibly clingy she is.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
- Serenity's goal for right now is to figure everything out with Birgitte and adjust to Hogwarts. Maybe, she can make a few friends here that aren't as terrible as any of her old ones. It's just a matter of living in the moment and figuring herself out along the way. There aren't any long term plans. At least, none that she would want to admit.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- There's nothing like tea on your front porch as you overlook your garden. It's laughable for a teenager to act like an elderly lady, as she did indeed pick it up from her grandmother, but she finds it calming. It helps jump her imagination, too.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- 1) It's weird that she's collected all of her broken wands, but they're all super special to her so she must keep them.
2) Her grandmother's old pearls and gold aren't something she would necessarily wear herself, but they've been passed down and she's wanting to keep them in an at least half-decent shape.
3) The Fidget Cube that she carries around is the only thing that's keeping her from getting up and freaking out, not like she has anxiety. Nonetheless, it's incredibly important that she keeps it on her person.
4) A stuffed elephant that she had as a child has always been somewhat close to her heart, so she wouldn't want to get rid of it anytime soon.
5) Her garden's Bowtruckles aren't quite her possessions, but she's developed some sort of bond with them that she wouldn't want to end.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- Serenity is too naive to think that anything is wrong with it. While she wasn't raised with much knowledge of the Muggle world and she's glad that she got that exposure before she became an adult, but she does think that every kid should be able to explore the Muggle world and get to understand it.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
- Serenity would've wanted Gryffindor, because it sounds like a prideful and bold name. It also sounds much better than any of the others, for her at least.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- Serenity is the definition of a lady's girl. You'll never meet somebody who is more chivalrous and more knight-like to her fellow students than her. There's nothing like being a good romantic either, always planning the sweetest of things even if she's not putting everything into effect. While she is still generally pretty bubbly and naive, she still understands what manners and proper etiquette would be. It's actually really odd for her to get all proper, but she can definitely do it when it's the right moment.
Generally, she's just a bit dumb and makes a lot of "typical blonde" comments or questions which is something she's often teased for. It's not something that's ever really bugged her, because she's genuinely way too happy to care. It's hard to get her down, because her brain is far too up in the clouds (maybe even for her own good). A dreamer and kind of a planner, she likes figuring out certain things about life that people normally don't quite care to think about, no matter how unrealistic it may be. There's nothing close to her level of thought she's sending towards her little baby conspiracy theories or stories.
A lot of her time is spent playing with her Bowtruckles, but also giggling and picking into other people's business. It's fun getting to know people and Serenity is somebody who knows know boundaries, because she's typically just super curious and lively in that way. A restless and clumsy soul, she is often seen tapping her foot or clicking her pen over and over again until somebody is yelling at her to stop. Her reaction is often a nod and a switch to a new method of keeping calm and collected, instead of bursting out and talking more than is probably necessary. It's rare that she's in any way negative, but she'll get stubborn and defensive when you try to come for her on certain topics at the wrong time.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Everybody's story begins before they're even conceived. Serenity Nebraska Schmidt is no exception to this. The baby was born to complicated parents, who had no relationship to one another whatsoever. Her parents were none other than Amalia Schmidt and Hacket Schlender.
Amalia was the first born of Grobvater and Grobmutter Schmidt's marriage, so she was primarily raised in Germany. It happened that Amalia had decided to do homeschooling with a bunch of the neighborhood kids, so that she could also help raise her younger siblings. Since she was quite a bit older (due to being the one out of wedlock years before they were ready), she stayed behind years after she had actually graduated. It became an addiction of sorts and she started relying on her parents for years after her siblings had all left. Until she finally moved to Luxembourg to chase her dreams of being the artists behind the moving pictures within schools and ministries.
Hacket was the only child of two incredibly old, Luxembourgish adults, who had in reality adopted him. They had raised with with traditional values, which controlled a lot of his mind from being truly free. While he attended Beauxbatons, he graduated two years later than he was supposed to due to being consistently pushed back, but they refused to kick him out. The professors often believed it was related to his parents' failing health, but it was quite frankly just his lack of determination or ambition. When it came to it, he just dropped out when his parents had passed away a few months apart, then he just worked in some failing art store.
It was at that said art studio that they would meet. Actually, it happened when they started a total scene as she was being shown around the area of the store. When she corrected him on getting what she wanted wrong, he immediately snapped on her and continued to call her something that of a "worthless pig" and an "annoying woman" which didn't affect her as much as he had hoped. Nonetheless, she had left the store with nothing but her money. While she returned several times after that to get supplies, he only ever mumbled and rolled his eyes at her. Until they were running into each other in Luxembourg's biggest magical club and probably the only one, if we're being honest.
A night that Amalia would never forget, as Hacket approached her and started another argument with her. It escalated enough that he started to put his hands onto her, up to the point that he was starting to drag her away. The woman was beaten until she turned black and blue, then raped which caused her to get pregnant with her child Serenity. After taking several days to recover, she identified him to the nearby Ministry of Magic that dragged him off for questioning. Later, he was sent to be locked up for not nearly as long as she wanted, but as she settled into a new apartment on the other side of Luxembourg she tried not to think about it.
Amalia struggled throughout her pregnancy, but was aided by an Italian wizard she had slowly started dating named Ethan Dioli. It was when she was one week overdue that she visited her parents in Germany to inform them of the pregnancy. They insisted that she remained in Berlin, but she instead returned to Echternach where Serenity would be born on June 24th, 2016. However, her relationship with her boyfriend was quite unstable so she constantly jumped around between staying in Germany and Luxembourg throughout her young daughter's life. Even after they got engaged, they continued to call it off or on every few months or weeks depending on the season.
Around the time that Serenity turned seven years old, Amalia and Ethan had a child of their own named Ethan Jr. Dioli-Schmidt and moved them into a larger house in Dortmund, Germany. It was then that they decided that they definitely couldn't married, so they completely called off the engagement after six years of pushing it off. This was partially related to Ethan's failing relations with Serenity as he stopped paying attention to her and turned everything towards Junior. Amalia did not feel the same, as she didn't feel a connection to Junior who was quite the miracle baby for her older age. That's why Serenity's mother had a total breakdown and ripped her daughter from the household and moved into her parent's home in Berlin.
There was never an explanation to Serenity, who had a total breakdown in the middle of her Grobvater and Grobmutter's garden over it. As she freaked out over not being able to see her baby brother and her father, she started ripping up the flowers until she was left just crying and screaming on the garden floor. Whenever she got considerably louder, the ground lights flickered until they all exploded which spooked her further. Her mother eventually walked outside to comfort her, giving her a slice of coffee cake to sooth her soul for a moment. That's what would be made of her first sign of magic, which was unusual for the nearly always cheerful girl who was just confused beyond belief.
Eventually, she adjusted but she never got an explanation for what happened to her father and brother. It was supposed to make it easier for her, not knowing that her supposed-father had lost a connection with her when his real child came along. That was almost the case as she started to forget about the entire thing, mostly through building up new memories with her other family members. A life of simplicity was soon developed as she slowly slipped through the days of life up until Durmstrang Institute was requesting her presence at their school. When she started attending, she soon realized she was much more alone in the world than she had thought.
While she did befriend a few students, namely an Estonian wizard named Kristjan who she stopped being friends with over the summer following the end of that first school year. It happened to be perfect though as she was blessed with the sweetness that is and was Birgitte Sandvik, who was a Norwegian witch in the year below her own. They, as their parental figures would describe it, "just click." There was nothing or nobody else like Birgitte, but she had familiars in her small bundle of Bowtruckles who somehow put up with her. Other friends included a Romanian witch named Aurelia and a Slovak wizard named Vojtech, but neither lasted as long as her lovely buddy.
After her third year had finished up and her fourth year started rolling around, Serenity started to feel the odd sensation that she couldn't quite describe when around Birgitte. It wasn't ever anything romantic or so she figured, because she was strictly heterosexual. It was around that time that she was exposed to her older cousin Blake, who aided her in realizing that you don't have to be straight to be happy. It was weird that even at that time, she felt that she needed to be. When she had finally come to terms with it, she noticed that this was jeopardizing her friendship with Birgitte, so she shut that all away.
However, the next year and a half proved to be more difficult than she thought it would be. Birgitte was bright, green eyes and simple, soft smile was enough to send her spinning into a downward spiral of doubt. Anytime that sweetheart blessed her with her time, her heart fluttered and warmed with love. It was so difficult for her to get by, because she doubted that her friend was even into other girls. When she had spread word of her homosexuality to her mother and dying grandparents, it was discovered that they were going to support her, but Birgitte meant more.
Then, a few things changed when her fifth year finally rolled around. It started with her grandparents moving into a home and leaving Amalia and Serenity to stay in their relatively large house. Finally, her Bowtruckles could spend their lives with a bit more freedom which enlightened her beyond anything else, but then she discovered that her brother would begin to move in with them. It was difficult only because she had forgotten all about him, but had accepted her little seven year old brother into their home. Maybe, that would be it and she would be allowed to go back to Durmstrang to continue her life.
Her cousin Blake ended up returning to Hogwarts, so she and Birgitte were alone that year. Serenity had planned on doing something special for her friend during Christmas and hopefully come out to her at the very least, but then Birgitte was storming off for England and Hogwarts. It was sudden, startling her more than anything else, so she was quickly begging her mother to send her off with her. While they ended up remaining in Germany, she somehow managed to get her daughter transferred into Hogwarts where she was sorted into (...). It was too late for her to surprise Birgitte, as it was then mid-January where there was a certain overlap in their transferring over that stopped her.
Nonetheless, she made it her message to be open and honest with her new friends, having left her homophobic friends behind at the Durmstrang Institute. Neither Aurelia nor Vojtech approved and had pushed her away, possibly butthurt that she didn't want to be around them as much as she desired to be with the other two. It hadn't hurt her any, because those friends are now people of the past for her. It's now just about finishing up school and becoming the person she's needing to be. Just it's not going as expected so far, but that's normal.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
- Serenity's model is Kennedy Dawn Stearns.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- 7 Active/3 Semi-Active/1 Exotic.