02:54, July 5, 2016 (UTC)
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Shannon was born to Helen Lundgren and Oscar Acerbio. It doesn't matter how they met. As soon as Shannon was announced by her mother- a soon to be mother at the age of 24 - Oscar freaked out and left.
Who was left to blame? Shannon. And herself. Helen had a very specific way of punishing both of them. She punished herself with alcohol- The numbness of everything else and the pain intensified. She punished Shannon with pain and negligence. Abuse.
Shannon learned to hide her pain - physical and emotional - very quickly. The bruises were hidden with baggy clothes and occasionally some concealer she took from her mother- Of course, taking her concealer only resulted in more beatings. The emotional pain, Shannon masked and took out on her classmates.
One day, Helen took it too far. She broke down and grabbed Shannon by her arm when she found out that she was bullying other kids. Helen yelled and screamed at her and threw her around - Until they both heard a loud crack. Then everything stopped.
Shannon was kneeling on the ground, holding her arm and weeping silently. Helen told her to show her what happened, and Shannon held her arm out- the bone completely split.
Shannon was rushed to the hospital- Though her mother was magical, she lost her wand ages ago, when she started drinking. When the nurses asked what happened, Helen told them she somehow broke it herself. Shannon told them the truth, much to the dismay of her mother. They forced her to go to rehab.
Shannon healed far faster than normal. The nurses and doctors brushed it off as a natural thing, but Shannon thinks it was magic. She vaguely remembered stories about a place called Ilvermorny, where people could heal injuries and levitate things.
She wanted to go there. And since she had nothing else to do, the child started focusing on stuff, trying to levitate it. But she couldn't. The frustration grew and grew- then once she was out of the hospital, her mother in rehab as required by law to keep her child, Shannon's frustration boiled over into her setting a patch of grass on fire with her mind.
Of course, a few weeks after her sign of magic, her mother was officially rehabilitated. Their relationship wasn't much better, though. Shannon refused to do anything with her, even after she apologized. Her negative feelings towards her mother only grew when Helen married Geoff, a fellow person she had met in rehab. Shannon didn't particularly like Geoff, but she hated his son, Dorian, who was three years older than herself. He didn't particularly like her either. While she dealt with the cards she was given, though, this stubborn child rebelled. Shannon requested she move out- At this point she'd take room in the attic. she was allowed to, but still they had to deal with each other.
Eventually, their little brother, Gordon, was born. The two step siblings put aside their differences to help take care of the baby.
While Dorian found his interest early in life, she noticed, before he entered Ilvermorny, she would find her own interests when she was in her second year at Ilvermorny.
Potions. She loved making potions. When she returned the next summer, she requested that she put some empty shelves and a potions creation place in her room. Once again, she was allowed. Soon she was excelling- In her fifth year she started looking into poisons, just for the fun of it. A couple of years later, she decided she wants to open her own alchemy shop. That's the year she graduated, too, so she started planning. Shannon worked for a few months at an apothecary shop near ilvermorny, but that was before the family decided to move to England. Shannon didn't have much of an opinion- England was a good a place as any to start over.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Shannon never really grew out her cold exterior. She can start off as cold and apathetic, but if she's not too busy to give you the time of day she can be fairly kind. The kind side of her can last forever, or five minutes, depending on the impression you give her. Shannon can be shady. She's witty and doesn't have a filter. But at least she's honest about what she thinks of you right? But when she likes you, she protects you. She watches the people who interact with her friends when she's nearby, and if she senses anything wrong, she swarms to her friend like a protective bee, ready to sting anyone who gets too close. And her stings can hurt.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
No magical abilities
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
I plan on having her own her own apothecary
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
:C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 2, non exotic
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.