A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths - Observant, self-willed, realistic
Weaknesses - Commitment-phobe, easily bored, private
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
No. I had no mom, mother figures are different from having a mother of your own. My dad eventually sent me away then looked down on me for the person I became.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
A leisurely hike on an easy trail or a long walk with no destination in mind. These are things I could do alone, with someone else or with a group. I'd enjoy just the same no matter who I was with.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Magical camera gifted to me on my 13th birthday.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Something should be done about adult wizarding education. Continued skill-building for wizard adults, training programs based around courses passed (or failed) during school years.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
My uncle married a nymph, my dad, the Squib couldn't have been more jealous. He didn't the same kind of magical life as his brother but what he did was find a nymph for himself. Being the screw up that he is he didn't marry her but he did get her pregnant. My mom died sometime after I was born, I can't remember when because I was little. My dad says she was a junkie or an alcoholic, basically he thinks she deserved to die. I don't know much about her except whatever magic I ended up having belonged to her. In the ageless story of boy meets girl, the girl turned out to have nymph heritage and no one bothered to tell the kid they had anything about it until she could prove she wasn't a screw up like her dad. That kid is me. After my mom bailed on life my dad raised me. I'd like to say he was a good dad, but, I don't know the difference between bad and good. He didn't treat me awful. I guess he did everything he could for me. Maybe when a kid grows up with only one parent no matter what the survivor does it's not enough? Anyways, I had a dad, he took care of me. I didn't see him a whole lot because he had a real important job the "family" got him that made us lots of money.
Once I was old enough dad thought it was best to have me sent away to fancy schools. Wonder why school is plural? I wasn't able to stay at single one for a significant amount of time. From the age of four until I was about ten I was booted from different schools all across the United States. Schools that my dad wasn't able to pay enough money to keep me enrolled in. I had to be about seven when the other kids started blaming me when something in the classroom got destroyed. They called me a jinx for being the last person to touch the pencil sharpener before it fell off the wall, the aquarium before the glass cracked and it leaked or the hamster cage before the wheel broke and stopped spinning. I got picked on a lot. It made me the common denominator in lot of different fights. The school staff all thought I was a troublemaker with behavioral problems. And I probably am. But it wasn't all my fault. I have magic. In the fourth grade a man can to the house to talk with me and my dad. It was a year after Tyna Lewis' pigtails mysteriously got singed. She was constantly flipping them over her back and onto my desk. She used to hit people with them on purpose. When we found out there was a school for magic hidden away in Western Massachusetts my dad asked where this guy and that school had been six years ago. His phrasing wasn't as clean as mine. In hindsight I can see that he was right, it was about time. We spent years going from one tip of the country to the other because of he and my mom made; me. I didn't miss anything, I was at school just in time to start my first year with a slew of other magical kids.
I didn't realize my pyromania was more than what it seemed. My dad finally thought it was about time to tell me after I'd done something he never did. Went to a magical school. He told me everything he knew about my mom. That she wasn't some junkie after all, she was actually a fire nymph. I share half her physiology and my connection to my element grows in proportion to how much I use my powers. Late into my second year at Ilvermorny was when I met Izona Falls. The girl that would absolutely change my life. A bit like me but still different in every way. She taught me all the things I couldn't have hoped to learn about magic without her by my side. She became my best friend, then she became my world. I didn't know what it mean to truly love someone until I realized I was in love with her. I'd had people care for me before her, but they were all employed by my family to do it. She was my friend because she liked me for me, she loved the me for who I am. I was seventeen when I told my dad that I loved my best friend. He didn't understand what I meant at the time. I shouldn't have let him believe a lie for as long as I did. If she hadn't found out the way she did we might still be together, he thought she was just my roommate. After graduation we moved in together. It was a place my dad bought for me, a welcome to adulthood gift. I never told him she was living with me. I never told him that we were in a relationship. What made it worse was she didn't know that he didn't know anything about us.
Everything blew up in my face when my dad blurted out that it was time I met a guy while we were "celebrating" one anniversary or another. Nothing ever got better after that. My dad and I fought for what felt like hours effectively trapping Izona in awkward silence. She didn't say one word, not one. I figured she was mortified. If she'd cared less about me all of the homophobic hate that came dripping from my dad's mouth that night would have broken her out of her shock. I knew that he was closed-minded yet I'm still trying to make sense of some of the names he called me. He was so angry, he looked so disappointed with me. When I think back to that moment I remember how with each ignorant slur coming from his mouth I found that I felt more and more proud of myself. If this was the real him then he was finally seeing the real me. I wasn't going to hide who I was. Not anymore. Izona and I are no longer together. She hasn't been able to forgive me for lying to my dad about us. I told her I would always love her but I wouldn't wait around for her to change her mind.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
I'm unnervingly patient and I have this remarkable ability to ignore what I find most disturbing. The same goes for anything I couldn't care less about. All I do is block it out with imaginary earplugs. I also have a boiling point. I'm only human, part at least. When the scale gets tipped in the wrong direction I've got to react.
I try my hardest to be much more positive than I actually am. As someone who has experienced more than her fair share of tough blows in life I still like to look on the bright side whenever possible. I force a smile on my face for two reasons; 1.) To get people to smile back. 2.) To trick my mind into thinking I'm happy.
Catching me bragging about anything negative or positive is rare, most likely to happen if I've had a few too many drinks and I get chatty. I don't like to talk about myself, it always leads to envy or pity. I'd rather talk about someone else's past or their dreams for the future. Emotions are contagious, the strongest one typically are.
I'm fairly social by nature, outgoing in an inquisitive sort of way. While I steer questions away from me I enjoy having someone to talk to and create memories with. At the same time I like to be able to explore on my own. I enjoy taking time to decided how something makes me feel or where it takes my thoughts.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
4 characters 0 exotic
Please elaborate at what age her magical abilities showed as well as how they found out that her mum was a fire nymph. Also at what age did her abilties show? Reminder: five for a full nymph, ten for a half nymph, fifteen for a quarter nymph, twenty for a eighth nymph and so on.
(All of this is in the history now.) She was ten "Tyna Lewis' pigtails mysteriously got singed" that's the first time she's ever used fire abilities. She was about seven when she first used magic there's some examples of stuff in the second paragraph. Her dad knew her mom was a fire nymph, he went looking to compete with his brother. He didn't tell Sierra until she was 12. Karmagician (talk