A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
+ diplomatic, scholarly, ambitious
- afraid of rejection, quite challenging
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Overall, it could be better, but Tamara isn't complaining. She's working in a position she loves, and the only real thing is that she'd want a slightly better post, but oh well.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Getting caught up on the latest news around the world. When you work in a position like Tamara's, world news is important to keep tabs on.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Her keys, her wand, her clothes, money, and her hair brush.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
How disconnected wizards around the world are. Wizarding societies across the globe could all be at a different point in terms of development, but progress can only happen in a unified world.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
How Kim Sol-Mi and Song Nam-Seon met is very complicated. Considering their circumstances, them getting together, much less having a child shouldn't have happened. But it did, and Song Tam-Hee was the result of this. Except, Tam-Hee would grow up with a single mother, for her father wasn't very keen on staying with her mother.
You see, Kim Sol-Mi was just your average small town Korean lady. She grew up in a middle-class family, albeit a wizarding one at that. Sol-Mi was a Half-Blood witch, who around the time in question, was only a recent graduate from Mahoutokoro. Nam-Seon on the other hand, oh, he was a rich man. He had recently inherited his father's tech startup, and things were perfect for him (yes, he's a Muggle). The two met on accident, and here's how; Sol-Mi was a waitress at a restaurant in Seoul, and Nam-Seon was only going there because he and a business friend had agreed to a chat over some nice dinner. Nam-Seon wasn't quite paying attention and he bumped into Sol-Mi. Nothing was spilled or anything, thank goodness, but it was awkward.
Nam-Seon ended up staying around a little longer so that he had a proper chance to apologize, but Sol-Mi had already forgiven him. They had a small chat, and Nam-Seon offered to take Sol-Mi to her home, which she gladly accepted. This chat would soon enough lead into a date, and one turned into two and so on and so forth, until Sol-Mi ended up pregnant. Nam-Seon supported her as much as he could, but he wasn't there as much as he and Sol-Mi would have liked. He was however there for Tam-Hee's birth, and he couldn't be happier.
The first few years of Tam-Hee's life were pretty normal, until Sol-Mi's secret was spilled. Not very willing to accept the fact, Nam-Seon tried to do something... but he will never remember a thing, since he and Sol-Mi were visited by Obliviators from the South Korean Ministry of Magic. Sol-Mi was warned, but not punished, since it was accidental, and the damage was very little. With all her respect, Sol-Mi chose to move with a young Tam-Hee to England. In time, Tam-Hee would be given the English name of Tamara, with her Korean given name becoming her middle name.
Tamara's magical sign came when she was 7 years old. It was a slow evening at the time, until the front door mysteriously opened. Tamara closed it and locked it again, shrugging it off as if it were nothing, because that is what it essentially was. She did tell her mother about it the next day, and that much due explanation about Tamara's magical blood came.
In time, Tamara would begin schooling in Hogwarts. She was sorted into Slytherin, an odd choice, but it will come to fit her as she grew older. For a Slytherin, she was admittedly one of the better students in her classes. She wasn't the most social person, as evidently shown by the fact that she kept few friends, and fewer more best friends. She was a lone wolf most of her time in school, but she did succeed nonetheless.
After graduating, Tamara spent a little time travelling the world. During her travels, she had happened to grow quite fond of the differences many nations had, yet, time and time again, she found similar setbacks to it all, and it'd be from this observation that she'd gain an interest in working in an international department. When she returned to Seoul, she soon found herself applying for their Department of International Magical Cooperation, and was accepted. She started as the PA of the Head of the Department, and she did a lot in the five years she worked in that position. She worked closely with the entirety of the department as well as the Korean ICW representatives, to ensure that her country was more involved. She often traveled alongside the Korean ICW representatives, more often than not as a task that she was given.
She had made many connections, and her work didn't end when she transferred over to IMOL for South Korea. She had grown a certain fondness of what she did, so it was without doubt that she wouldn't quit for years to come. But in time, she decided it'd be best to reunite with her mother, who hasn't seen her in so long. So she requested permanent leave, and was granted it. She then moved back to Britain, and is now looking into pursuing a position in the DIMC of the British Ministry of Magic, with nothing less of a keen eye.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Tamara has been described as ambitious and somewhat cunning... for all the right reasons. Instead of using her ambition to her own benefits, she uses it to fuel her diplomatic passion. It is her drive to see a fair diplomatic compromise, and nothing short of it. From the amount of connections she's made over her time already, one could say she was born to be a diplomat. She denies all allegations of such; she made herself into one, because people aren't born with a given passion (admittedly, that is part of her life motto). Such drive gave her success in her time with the South Korean Ministry of Magic.
Tamara admittedly values every connection she makes, despite having been anti-social most of her life. On business, Tamara would be happy to talk about whatever is being discussed, but she's not the most social person outside of that. If you address her, she'll still present her full attention, but don't expect an incredibly long conversation, because Tamara is not fond of dragging conversations, and she'll cut it off if there is no further way to continue. Now, with a trick or two, it's possible to sway her otherwise, but it takes a lot of conversational maneuvering to achieve this.
Within however, Tamara has a deep fear of being rejected, of not meeting expectations. It stemmed from having so much go right in your life that... you don't want anything to not be up to par. Sure, she had her moments of failure every now and then... but those are insignificant, and didn't do much to change who she is. She firmly believes that no one can be incredibly successful without multiple failures in life... so she's afraid of when that time will come for her, because it will, some day.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Plans to be the DIMC head at the Ministry of Magic.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Single, but passively looking.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Her model is Sandara Park.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?