A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Theo's strengths come in his charm, confidence, and good looks. His weaknesses include being emotionally closed off and arrogance.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Yes and No. There have definitely been highs that Theo has wanted to happen in his life, such as his first love and living live as he wants to, but lows that he has never wants to experience.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
In bed, or at home in general. He likes being at home and sleeping in.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
His wand - It seems dumb not to bring it along.
His favorite book - It was Vasilius's book first, but it ended up being his favorite book, and Theo tends to write on the margins.
Mum's Photo - He definitely needs that, to remember her.
His favorite scarf - It's a souvenir from his Beauxbatons days.
The key to his Gringotts vault - They said anything, and Theo will try everything to make himself benefit.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
The way people look down at Squibs and muggles. So what if they're not magical?
The Character's Background
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Kae Jin-Hee's parents wanted the best for their daughter. They were a prominent chaebol family, and for the youngest of the Kae children, there were certain expectations that she had to meet, especially as her older sisters married well and her older brothers ran the family business or entered politics to favor their family's position.
She was sent to Beauxbatons to be educated, and spent all seven years of her magical education there. Jin-Hee has entered school a frightened, shy girl, and left as a quiet, but charming young woman. Jin-Hee's sister Jin-Ri had married a Swiss businessman, and the couple invited her to Greece for a summer. It was there that she met Sokratis Michelakakis - a man five years her senior. He was arrogant but rich, so her parents encouraged the match, which resulted in marriage after only a year.
Theofanis is their third out of nine children. Dimitris and Iliana came before him, then his twin brother Chrysanthos/Chrys, and after him came Panagiotis, Koralia, Lavrentios, Polyxeni, and Sara. All these births took a toll on his mother, who died only a year after Sara's birth. He was 9 then, already acquainted with his new found magical powers.
A year later, Sokratis lead his children into a newly opened hotel, for a much deserved vacation. It was there that Theo and Chrys met Vasilius Jo, the bookish son of the hotel owners. It wasn't exactly a great start, with the twins ransacking the entire place and accidentally ripping apart Vasilius's favorite book, but the moment Vasilius started to cry, Theofanis took charge and promised him to bring back a new copy. Sadly, however, Vasilius moved away to South Korea, before the two could really start their friendship.
At the age of 11, Theo was accepted into Beauxbatons. However, he started his first year alone, as Chrys was revealed to be a Squib. This led to the twins growing apart, with Theo gone most of the time. To make up for this loss of companionship, Theo made friends with fellow students in his year that were just like him - pretty and rich. It's not that he meant to make friends like that - it was the type of people that he attracted. Throughout his years at Beauxbatons, he was a popular student among his classmates.
Theo realized he was gay in 5th year, where he had the chance to partake in spin the bottle and realized that girls weren't for him. It wasn't a big deal, and even came out rather easily. It wasn't a huge problem for him, or anyone else. In his seventh year, he even got his first boyfriend. A recent Welsh transfer, the extremely charming Gwynfor Blair. A little oblivious, but they fit each other perfectly. Or so Theo thought. Two weeks shy of graduation, he found out Gwynfor was cheating on him with one of his friends. The moment after graduation, Theo ran.
Ever since the betrayal, Theo has his head filled with ideas and plans that stretch along the lines of 'living life as it comes'. He'd been travelling everywhere, but only recently decided that England was a good enough place to stay. Right now, he's just exploring...and might find unexpected things..or people.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
The first thing anyone notices about Theofanis is that he's narcissistic. Of course, he likes to call it highly confident and proud. Maybe it was his environment, but Theo was always told that he and his siblings were the best of the best, and he believes it. It doesn't help that he's wealthy and not afraid to show that off. You'll always see him wearing luxury brands and gently shoving it in your face that he is better.
Despite the arrogance, Theo is also highly charming and therefore, popular with most people - if he doesn't display that arrogance first. Although he has the appearance of being a pampered, self-centered lil shit, Theo also has some redeeming traits. He appreciates everyone in his life, and likes being close to people. If he can't get what he wants at the moment, he'll work to get it. Theo's also very playful and likes to endlessly tease people close to him.
However, Theo is very closed off emotionally. If questions on his wellbeing come up, he's always fine. But he doesn't like bothering other people with the inner depths of himself (as he says), so he prefers to focus on other people. At times, he can be shy and stupid and realize that he's being embarrassing and he truly needs to stop. He has a bright personality and at times can have you question whether you like him or dislike him. But that's just Theo.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He's doing a bit of modeling right now. But if he decides to stay longer, he has the idea of joining the Ministry.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Theo has a soft face, and with longer hair, can totally pass for a girl. He likes switching up his hairstyles, and right now, he's rocking short blonde hair. He's also tall and very thin, and loves dressing up in luxury brands. His face claim is Yoon Jeonghan, otherwise known as Jeonghan from SEVENTEEN.
The Sorting Quiz
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A. A Complex Spell
B. A Spell Of Control
C. A Combat Spell
D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B. Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
A. This is my first character.
B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
Theofanis Michelakakis has been registered as a citizen by the British Ministry of Magic!
"Upon the signature of the International Statute of Secrecy in 1689, wizards went into hiding for good. It was natural, perhaps, that they formed their own small communities within a community."