1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each. Vivianne has developed severe trust issues throughout her life. After not ever knowing her father and her mother's abuse, Vivianne had to learn to be self sufficient and not rely on other people. She would much rather keep to herself and not form attachments. Any time she has started to get close to someone, she either gets hurt ot ends it before she has the chance to feel anymore pain. Even though she gets lonely because of this, she has been hurt too man times and it left a big impact on here.
Along with her trust issues, her past has caused her to develop a rather cold personality. She comes across like she doesn't care about other people and only about herself, which is only partially true. She definitely looks out for her own interests above anyone else, but still has care in heart for other people, she just may not show it. In her career, she needs to have some sort of empathy in order to be successful. However, her cold nature had been helpful in it as well, making sure she doesn't get to attached to the people she is working with in such a dangerous field where people are constantly getting killed. She needs to be able to keep her eye on the mission, an too much empathy can take that focus.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Sylviane Voclain and Pascal Armand started dating when they were rather young. He was 15 and she was 14, and the two thought that they were so in love. For awhile, they stayed that way. They seemed to be true high school sweethearts and that they would stay together forever. Unfortunately, their love was tested and strained just after Sylviane turned 16. The two were not as careful as they should have been and Sylviane became pregnant. They began to fight about whether or not they should keep the baby. Pascal wanted nothing to do with it, arguing that they were too young and he wanted to live his life without a baby, where Sylviane thought it was their responsibility to keep the child. After about two months, Pascal gave an ultimatum. Either they give the baby up when it was born, or he would leave. Sylviane said goodbye to Pascal for the last time and went to figure out motherhood on her own.
In April of 2014, Sylviane gaver birth to a baby girl, who she named Vivianne. The first few months of carry for a newborn baby were definitely the hardest, especially without any support. Not only did Pascal leave, but her parents also wanted nothing to do with her and their new grandchild. She was completely alone and struggled to provide for both herself and her daughter. Eventually, she found a shelter that would take the two of them in and give the supplies they needed. They stayed there for almost a year until Sylviane could find a job and get on her feet. Just before Vivianne's first birthday, they moved into an apartment down the street from Sylviane's job at a grocery store. Now that they were settled, their little family could start to flourish.
The next few years seemed to fly by for the Voclains. They didn't live a life of luxury by any means, but they were happy. Sylviane worked enough to take care of her daughter and give her a few toys and treats here and there. They made it paycheck to paycheck, but Vivianne had to grow up a lot without her mother while she was working. Vivianne would spend most days with their neighbor while her mother was at work. Generally, every day was fine and had no issues. When Vivianne was five, however, this changed. She was playing with another child around the same age and had a toy taken away from her. Always having such few toys, Vivianne was very protective of her belongings and didn't like to share. When she didn't get it back, the anger building up inside her released and magically set the toy on fire. The toy fell to the ground and the fire began to spread. Thankfully, the babysitter came in just in time to take the girls out of the apartment. No one was hurt, but the fire continued to spread and caused a great deal of damage to that apartment as well as all the surrounding. Enough that the Voclains had to find a new place to live.
Over the next few years, more and more unexplainable events started happening around Vivianne. Broken vases. Disappearing objects. Magically fixed items. Sylviane had no idea what was going on, but it all seemed to be coming from her daughter. She started to punish her daughter for all of these things, even though she couldn't really know that it was Vivianne doing these things. But the more she tried to punish her daughter, the angrier Vivianne got, and the more frequent the weird events happened. It started to drive Sylviane crazy and she started to push her daughter away, being unable to cope with whatever was going on. She became both verbally and physically abusive, trying to stop these events from happening. She tried to call for help, but was continuously told that she was crazy and these things couldn't possibly be real. The more she was told she was crazy, the more she started to believe it. She began to abuse several different substances in order to ignore all of these things that were happening. Vivianne watched her mother destroy herself because of things that were happening around her. Things that she had no control over, which absolutely crushed her.
Just after Vivianne turned 10, she came home from school to find her mother unconscious in their apartment. She tried to wake her up, but nothing happened. She called for help, but by the time they got their, there was nothing they could do. Her mother was gone.
While she waited for child services to figure out what to do with her, two people appeared in her apartment. They were from a school called Beauxbatons and apparently, she was a witch. Everything that was happening was because she just didn't have control of her powers, and it wasn't really her fault. They took her back to the school to stay until they could get her into a foster home with other kids like her. Ones that came from non magic families and either lost their parents or were kicked out because of their powers. Here, she would feel like she was wanted.
After she turned eleven, Vivianne was able to attend Beauxbatons, where she was sorted into the Papillionlisse. It was a big adjustment for her, trying to catch up on what everyone else seemed to know, but, eventually, she was able to bring herself to a more even playing field. She did pretty well in school, not the best, but also not the worst. She really excelled in Defense Against the Dark Arts and by her third year, was asked to join the school's dueling team. All the pent up anger and other feelings she had about her parents was able to be released and helped her reach the top. By the time she graduated, Vivianne had become a champion dueler, traveling and competing against other schools. Not quite sure what she wanted to do after she graduated, one of her professor suggested becoming an auror with her dueling skills and love for DATDA. With no other ideas, she decided to give it a shot.
Vivianne was able to get a job with the French ministry as an auror about a year after she graduated. She started out just as a patrol, but quickly made her way to a hit witch. She spent a few years working in Paris before deciding she needed a change of scenery. She quit her job and decided to move to London, hoping to become and auror for their ministry.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Cara Delevigne
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!) Muggle-Born
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) None
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? Hoping to work as an Auror
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 10 characters, 0 excotic
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?