1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Wyatt strictly doubts that he has strengths or weaknesses. It's believed that he has a certain strength for avoiding fads or trends or gossip, anything possibly harmful or damaging in adolescent culture. That's not something of benefit now, but it quite possibly might be in a few years. He's riddled with what most consider "faults" though, between not understanding emotions or being particularly obsessive.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
I'm not sure Wyatt even understands that goals exist. He just wants to know everything about what he's interested in at the time, but it's not something he's ever really worked towards. It's like a small hobby that changes every year or two.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
He enjoys researching or remaining alone (possibly with Sofia, who is his life). He's less confused that way though, you know? It's a calmer attitude, being secluded and silent from the messy, loud people of society.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- His Wand - It happens that after he bought it, he never wanted to part from it.
- His Charms Textbook - His mother had hoped it would help him catch up early in the most basic class, but he's now found himself wanting to try all the weird bits of magic in it. It makes him feel mysterious and funny.
- His Pocket-Watch - He might not be able to quite understand how to read time, but if you pop it off then there's a picture of him and his mother on the belly of it. It's important that he remembers that she's there, especially when he ventures to Hogwarts.
- Two Water Cases? - It just seems practical, or else really what else would he need right now?
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Why do they even let those electronics around the place? They're actual devil machines which need to be rid of being anywhere near anything. Still, he does not understand that magic causes them to be messed up, but he is incredibly fearful of electronics. If they could remain away, he would happy. He thinks they should purely be banned.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
Wyatt thinks Slytherin sounds cool, with a more interesting history that he could possibly become more obsessed with. It just sounds like the better place that would have a more intriguing past to distract from the nerve-racking cluster of students.
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A) A Complex Spell
- B) A Spell Of Control
- C) A Combat Spell
- D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A) Grades.
- B) Getting your way.
- C) Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A) I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B) I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C) I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D) I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A) Wisdom
- B) Reputation
- C) Success
- D) Friendship
- I somehow feel like none of these apply at all?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A) Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B) Trick someone else into doing the work for you. (Accidentally, he would rarely do work and pick the best partner he could recognize?)
- C) Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D) The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
His behavior may be changed and developed around Asperger's, but Wyatt is a truly individual human being from his mental disorder. He's quite determined to be something more than just the label of a developmental disorder. However, it's also very important to highlight some of his challenges given his Asperger's such as not understanding nor showing certain social cues or skills. He's rarely capable of understanding facial or vocal reactions such as scolding, smiling, laughing, etc. Whereas he's also barely allowed to show it himself, since he's been raised mentally without a recognition to it, but he's developed another knack for interrupting people on accident.
Normally, he's rocking a smooth, flat tone of voice with a cool, blank expression. There's a light Scottish accent though, despite only being English and Welsh from his biological paternal and maternal sides respectfully. Commonly, Wyatt is found ranting or passionately speaking about a select few topics, which are really hard to distract or direct him away from. This could possibly stem from his intense hatred of change in routine or anything related to his life. His favorite topics include ancient civilizations, charms (given the book his adoptive mum had purchased for him), and documentaries.
He's always been much more than just his Asperger's though, as has been previously stated. Therefore, we're going to move on to who Wyatt is without that. Typically, he's never been necessarily shy or timid, instead being quite forceful in conversation. There's never been a truly developed friendship in his life, even with his former residency at Lil Bundles, but he's never quite noticed nor cared that he might possibly be missing out on relationships with other human beings. He's quite comfortable with talking to people, but never befriending or hanging out with any of them in the long run.
A poorly focused student or child, there's a humongous chance that he'll struggle with being at Hogwarts. He's a bright and capable mind, not one for really developing or coming up with his own creative thoughts though, but can't be considered a respectful student. Again, he's not very respectful in general, but he's taken that way regardless as he has a small tendency towards aggression and control. There's no need or desire to necessarily manipulate or bend anybody to his will, because Wyatt quite frankly wouldn't know what to do with that. It's simply a relaxing feeling for him if he's given the faint upper hand in a conversation or discussion (even if he can't really notice it consciously).
On the flip side, Wyatt has slowly reached the point of possibly caring more and more. Apparently, from his mother's light research, he's supposed to start feel uncomfortable with struggling to fit in. However, he hasn't yet brought himself into that shell of even wanting to belong in a society. Instead he's just been a bit flashy in trying to impress or relate to others through his own likes and dislikes, perhaps also with a guest appearance of his pretty decent wealth. He's not even interested in the idea of having social relations, which he still doesn't understand at all, but he's very intrigued with having people know he exists.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Wyatt Seymour Chambers was born on November 21st in Winchester, England. It was supposedly the child of Robert and Brooklyn Chambers, a Welsh Pure-Blooded couple working in the Department of Technological Advancement. It was well known to instead be the child of Liam Griffin, an English Pure-Blooded wizard working in the Department of Magical Transportation. While his parents were both married with children, they were not married to each other which caused disturbances due to their hidden affair. It was no question either, for Wyatt was born looking strikingly similar to Liam.
Earlier, his mother had attempted to abort the pregnancy at nineteen weeks through a Muggle hospital in Nottingham, England. Evidently, it failed and she realized then that she couldn't have possibly hidden it from her husband no longer, hoping simply it would turn out taking after her. When he didn't, he was placed into Lil Bundles at just three weeks old. The Chambers had completely deserted their desires for another child, even banning themselves with having any contact with the Griffin household. This caused there to be a decision that Wyatt would do best remaining in Lil Bundles, instead of being co-parented.
It just so happened that he ended up being a perfect kid, despite his part in the lack of emotions department. Wyatt was soon noticed to have no realization towards other people's moods through body or facial language nor did he show any signs of them himself. He struggled when Lil Bundles changed up their meals or moved around their beds. The boy struggled greatly in a lot of social aspects of life, despite developing and behaving semi-naturally, so they were hiking him to St. Mungo's. It was there that, at the age of four, they figured that he had been placed under having Asperger's.
Many employees and owners of Lil Bundles felt that they would have difficulty getting Wyatt adopted, not like they tried that hard to do so. It happened that a wealthy, middle-aged and widowed woman named Sofia Ruby Prescott was interested in taking him in. Although it was initially intended to be fostering, he was scooped up as her son quickly enough. His new mother purposefully moved from Ireland to Hogsmeade in Scotland in hopes of helping him in adjusting, since it was known that he struggled with that. After only six years at Lil Bundles, he was already getting a home much quicker than a lot of the other orphans despite their concerns he would never even be leaving.
His first signs of magic had not been very eventful, as he remained in their extravagant Hogsmeade home. Wyatt had simply started playing with what electronics his Muggle-Born mother had stored away. Unsurprisingly, she had never child-proofed anything which she quickly reminded herself to do once her six year old was sending sparks and lighting small fires all over the place. It was entirely all an accident, confusing and puzzling the child with the greatest of curiosities, because he had never seen this iPhone or iPad contraption before. He's now easily repulsed by technology, fearing immensely that they'll start exploding or malfunctioning on him all over again.
Life remained quite comfortable after that for Wyatt. It was a simple time of rambling and zeroing in on the smallest things for an overly exaggerated sense of entertainment. He was happy, remaining still mostly oblivious to Hogwarts somehow. At least, until he recently turned eleven years old and was faced with a decently sized letter of invitation. It seemed to be one that he was not allowed to decline, as his mother had insisted that he attended, but he's refused and protested with such anger that it's possible he might not.
However, Wyatt is doomed to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry one way or another. Once he's relaxed more, in realization that it's normal for children his age to go to this school, he'll be going and being sorted into ___.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
His model is Ethan Cutkosky.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
He'd be a First Year next term.
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character.
- B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
10/1 (Future Animagus Possibly).
- your brains are made of gogurt and i hate your guts. 08:53, December 23, 2016 (UTC)