Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Xavier is self-sufficient, observant, and zealous.
He tends to tends to keep to himself and appears to be shy, however he is anything but. Once you get to talking with him, Xavier tends to be extremely thought-provoking. He looks at things from a certain analyzing stand point and finds himself being able to relate with pretty much everyone Xavier is a realist and prefers to look at the way things are rather than hold false optimism about them. While he is a great listener and has incredible observation skills, he isn't always the best at comforting people. Xavier would rather tell someone the truth than give them false hope just to feel better.
Xavier is quite ambitious when it comes to his art career. He has high expectations of himself and wants to be able to do something with his talent one day.
He is an extremely observant person and tends to pick up on small actions, whether it be a nervous side glance or something as small as the tapping of a foot. He finds the way other people function to be very interesting to him, as weird as it sounds. While he may not have the best talking skills, he sure knows how people work. It's not that he gets nervous talking, he just says whatever is on his mind which tends to push people away at times as his thoughts aren't always the prettiest.
Xavier is an intelligent young man and takes one of his greatest pleasures in life from having intellectual conversations with others. He strongly believes that sensitivity and existential intelligence are highly undervalued qualities. He has never found himself having to try too hard to do well in school, which he is thankful for. Xavier believes if he wasn't so naturally good at school, he wouldn't care enough to try to do well and would probably fail all of his classes.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Xavier Russo was born on July 13 in Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil to Alejandro Russo and Emily Summers. Alejandro and Emily are both Muggles, making Xavier a Muggle Born wizard. In fact, Xavier is the only wizard in his fairly large family consisting of his two older siblings and two younger half-siblings. Alejandro and Emily had met while Emily was in Brazil for vacation after she had finished college. They hit it off quickly, and she ended up moving in with him in Brazil. Emily herself was born and raised in London although her mother was Brazilian. It wasn't long until Andre Russo, Xavier's older brother, was born four years prior to him. Xavier's older sister, Alessandra Russo, was born 2 years before him. Finally came Xavier, the last child the pair would have together.
Things were rocky between the couple. They were falling out of love. Xavier had been the last straw, really. He wasn't supposed to be born. Alejandro and Emily were on the verge of separating, all though Emily tried to stick it out for her children. When Alejandro found out Emily was pregnant again, he kicked her out. He refused to go through another pregnancy and baby with her and was utterly done. Emily ended up taking her two children as well as her unborn child back to her home in London where she decided to raise them on her own. The last she ever heard from Alejandro was when he sent the divorce papers to her.
Life was difficult for Emily at first. She ended up taking the first job opportunity she was offered so she could provide for her children as a nurse due to her nursing degree in university. Her mother and father even pitched in her first few years in London to help her take care of her three children.
Emily met Aaron Summers just 2 years after Xavier was born. She almost immediately fell in love with him, as did he with her. She saw this as the second chance to have a stable family she had been praying for. Emily and Aaron married a year after they met, making Aaron the step-father of three children. Emily and Aaron decided they wanted to have a child of their own which lead to the birth of Xavier's 3 year younger sister, Alice Summers. Not long after came Alfie Summers born just one year after Alice.
This was the last of Xavier's large family, to this date at least. Xavier never got to meet his birth father. His only knowledge of Alejandro is based off of what Alessandra and Andre have told him as his mother never talks about her ex-husband. Aaron was always the father figure in his life. Despite him not actually being related to Xavier, he might as well have been considering how he was almost always there for him when he needed a dad.
Growing up as the middle child, Xavier knows what it feels like to be over shined by all his other siblings. Xavier was always the black sheep of his family, beyond just being a wizard. While all his siblings are extremely extraverted and would rather go to a party than sit at home, Xavier is quite introverted and likes to be left alone to his thoughts. His siblings are all athletes of some sort whereas Xavier can't stand sports, although he does like to watch Quidditch. He's even the only one of the five whose name doesn't start with an "A".
Emily always knew that Xavier was different. She tried everything to try and get him to enjoy the same things as his siblings, but he would never budge. Xavier has grown accustomed to not receiving any attention. It's not that Emily and Aaron intentionally neglected him, it's just that being the middle child of a large family made it hard to ever receive any undivided attention. When Xavier found out he was a wizard, this only detached him even more from his family. There was absolutely nothing he had in common with any of them and he sometimes questioned if he was switched at birth or some weird sh*t like that. Emily had multiple efforts to try and understand Xavier, however they were all in vain.
Xavier's first sign of magic was on Alice's 6th birthday party. Andre had been picking on Xavier all day. This wasn't out of the ordinary, however today was particularly bad. Maybe it was because he was in a bad mood- who knows? Just as their mother was cutting the cake and Xavier was about to receive his piece, Andre pushed him out of the way and took his piece. 9-year-old Xavier was utterly done with his older brother and before he knew it, the cake had lifted itself off the table and smashed itself onto Andre's face.
Incidents like this continued to occur until Xavier's 11th birthday when he received his Hogwarts letter. It came as a shock to both him and the rest of his family, however Xavier was relieved at the same time. At least it offered some sort of an explanation as to why he was so different from his siblings.
Xavier has always had a talent for art. In fact, you could say that he is an artistic genius although he'd never think of himself that way. Whether it be water color painting or just doodles, Xavier is freakishly good at art. He started using spray paint when he was 14 in his 4th year at Hogwarts.
Xavier had always loved the street art in London and admired it, despite how his parents always told him it was vandalism, not art. One particularly warm summer night, Xavier decided to sneak out of the house and had his first shot at street art. The rush of adrenaline he got sneaking out and doing what he loves was addicting. It eventually became a regular thing for Xavier to sneak out to spray paint the streets of London. He has been doing it ever since and not once has been caught. Being the middle child does have its advantages. When he is older, Xavier would like to be some sort of artist. Maybe even a tattoo artist.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Xavier's model is Francisco Lachowski.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Xavier is a Muggle-Born wizard.
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!) Xavier has no special abilities.
11) What year is your character in? 5th Year
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry) No preference
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises) No preference
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? I have 6 other characters, one of which is exotic.
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below. Central Standard Time -6
Number of A's: 2
Number of B's: 2
Number of C's: 1
Number of D's: 0