A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- B. Parchment
- A. Freshly baked bread
- D. A crackling log fire
- C. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Ximena's a bright, shining star in the middle of a dark, shineless night. With an optimistic view to match no others and a brain that is always running, she aims to do her best in every situation. So even though she understands life is not fair, Ximena tries to do her best for everyone, even if it means not focusing on her needs, but rather the needs of others. Though she is not completely selfless. Ximena may have this point of view, but she also does not like speaking to people all that much. If they don't scare her, she'll scare them. It's her curse. She tends to be able to tell how that's going to happen before ever even meeting them.
Ximena tends to overanalyze, of course. That's part of the reason she does not like being near people. She can never fully relax around them, and so, she doesn't even really try. It's too stressful and, really, terrifying. Instead of interacting, Ximena enjoys watching. Understanding people is a specialty of hers. Ximena is able to pick up on the little things. The twitch of an eye, the heartbeat, the nerves. They're all signs. Everybody gives off a tell.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Ximena Isadora Maite Silva had been 6 months old when her parents took her on a trip to Brazil. She had been 7 months old when her family died of a burglary gone wrong. The police had found her screaming at the top of her lungs, the only way to describe her cries, Deathly. The police took her in, and instead of sending her after unable to find any next of kin, she was put into the system in a foreign land. She didn't even have a name. Her attending social worker named her Ximena. "Hearkener"
Ximena had plenty of surnames growing up, and more middle names. Eventually she had a system. Her first name was her own, sure. Her first middle name is her first adoptive mother's name, Isadora. She claimed to have given her back due to her crying, and the fact that her pets kept dying. To her, the child was an omen of death. A little dramatic, if you ask her. It's not Xim's fault she couldn't figure out that cats couldn't live off a vegan diet.
Ximena's second adoptive mother was Maite Silva. Her father, Marcos Silva. These ones decided to keep her, even after all the incidents. Specifically, when she had turned 8 years old. It involved a lot of dead flowers and a very angry little girl.
Ximena, they eventually noticed, had a bit of a sensitivity to death. When their pet, a dog named Orla had been dying, Ximena let out a cry that sounded more like a deathly scream, almost as if she was in pain... Which was understandable at the time. Her pet had been near death.... She was just over reacting a bit, right? Even making up stories about still hearing Orla bark. Honestly, it freaked Maite and Marcus out a little bit.
Before she had turned eleven, a man showed up at their door. He explained the most insane thing, Magic and how she had it. Ximena was handed a letter, and was even shown the most amazing tricks... There was no way an eleven year old was not going to believe that magic was real after being levitated!
Ximena, for her first year, had been sent to Castelobruxo. But she wasn't allowed to go back. Not after the rumours had spread that she had caused the death of a fellow first year. Of course, there was no correlation between her screaming at the top of her lungs, her signature deathly cry, and his death a week later. That's why she didn't get expelled. But after a year of bullying, the headmaster explained that they think it in her best interest...not to return. So, Marcus took a job in England, where Ximena could go to Hogwarts after some deliberation.
When they asked what was wrong with her, the headmaster had no answer.... But now Ximena knows that something is wrong with her.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Model is Raffey Cassidy
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
Psychoanalyzing. Telling when people are lying. Ximena is VERY good at understanding people.
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
If Ximena can avoid it, she'd avoid ANYTHING to do with interacting with people. Retail especially.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
Ximena wants to help people. While she does not like interacting with them, if she has to, then she'll find a way to help them with whatever they need.
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
her insecurity. The knowledge that something is wrong with her, and that she can't help it. Ximena is scared of hurting people and is convinced she would if someone were to get too close, just like that boy in Castelobruxo.
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
Pheonix Tail Feather. Ximena's aim to help people makes it perfect, as a defense wand. She also dislikes hurting people, so the impediment to dark magic works perfectly, with these two making a good fit.