1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Zenith is your classic goody-two-shoes. He follows the rules even when no one is watching. Letting people down is not a thing he does. Zen would absolutely die before hearing the word "disappointment" come from someone he loves. He's pretty headstrong when it comes to standing up for the right and all that. It takes a special someone to be able to get him to do something bad.
Hard-working and absolutely brilliant, it's no wonder why his father chose to intrust the business to him. He always makes sure the job gets done and done right. No room for mistakes. He's really quite the perfectionist. And in turn, also quite the worrier.
Zen doesn't just focus on work though. He really loves to write and read. That's his getaway. It's the only "selfish" thing he allows himself to indulge in. Reading makes him happy. It makes him see the good in the world and in people. He's also rather optimistic about people and their intentions in general.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Eric Pi was your average Taiwanese-American. He grew up rather normal for the most part. The only difference between him and everyone else was that he came from a family of witches and wizards. Oh, and the fact that he came from a very wealthy family who just happened to own a major make-up and skin care corporation. Eric went on to attend Ilvermorny and after graduation, took a trip to Taiwan to meet some relatives. While there, he met Du Liang. She was everything you'd ever want - beautiful, talented, and single.
Eric extended his stay for another year to date Liang, and then another year after that, and then the next year they had married. Next thing you know, they had twin baby boys. It seemed perfect. Until Liang left them. Turns out, she was seeing someone else the whole time she'd been with Eric. And not just that, but she also came out as lesbian. Running away with her girlfriend, she left behind Eric and their two boys. At a loss for what to do and angry at the world, Eric returned to the states where he raised the boys who were only two years old at the time.
Zenith, the younger of the twins, grew up quite happy despite his absent mother and father's anger. He was one of those that did everything right. He was smart and followed the rules. Unlike his brother, he was the perfect child. He was also constantly cleaning up Ash's messes. His first sign of magic was quite literally cleaning up one of Ash's messes. When they were seven, Ash had demolished their father's home office. Papers, books, and everything littered the room. Their father was furious and told him he had an hour to clean it up or else he'd be punished. Ash spent that hour on his phone. Zen on the other hand spent the hour panicking. As soon as he heard his father coming down the hallway, everything magically made its way back into place. The office was just as it was by the time Eric came into the room. That wasn't the first and it most definitely wasn't the last time Zen saved Ash's ass.
Once at Ilvermorny, Zenith was sorted into the Horned Serpents. He made plenty of friends there and was generally well-liked by his peers. Around age fourteen, Zen realized he was attracted to guys but he immediately pushed those desires away. Because of what happened with their mother, Eric happened to be horribly homophobic. He'd die if he knew about Zen's attractions. Zenith went about life like that didn't matter, having a few girlfriends in school but none went very far.
Around the time he turned seventeen, his father declared that Zen would be taking over Serendipity Industries instead of Ash. As soon as he graduated, he was taking business courses and working in an office under Eric. While work is his main priority now, Zenith still tries to find time for himself. He really likes to write in his spare time. It's a good way out of the hectic world of business. Though it seems it's only going to get more hectic when he inherits the corporation at 25.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
His model is Aaron Yan.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
He has a special gift for worrying, does that count?
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He works as a second-hand to the CEO of Serendipity Industries (a cosmetics corporation), and will inherit the company when he turns 25.
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
21; 3 (using an extra char spot)
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?