Being banned from DARP has given me a lot of time to think- which was the intention. And I have concluded that it is high time for me to leave DARP permanently.
There are many layers of reasons why, so I’m going to do my best to list them all and explain them as best I can.
- I’m not wanted. Obviously this is not the viewpoint of every user. And I also realize that I may be wrong, and that while I may be wanted, my actions and attitudes over the issues that caused me to be banned are not wanted. This does not change the fact that I don’t feel very wanted here, or that I’ve lost some close friends over the happenings of a fake world, along with the actions and reactions taken OOC. Which leads me to my next point.
- I can’t spend so mu…
I'm going to be leaving DARP for roughly six weeks. This is just a quick blog post to list what's going on with my characters while I'm gone.
- Joseph- He's going to keep working at Flourish and Blotts for now. My original plan was to have him apply for a teaching post at Hogwarts this year, but for OOC reasons he'll keep his current job.
- Thomas- He's going on with both his jobs as well. As far as the whole 'finding his father/family' thing is concerned, he wants nothing to do with it, so it'll be up to Emily if she wants to update him or not.
- Patricia- She'll continue her job at Madam Puddifoot's, but she'll also be studying to become an Auror. I plan on having her apply upon my return. She would want Emily (Hayden) to update he…
So… the blowup after the “Our Voices” blog was much worse than I anticipated. And there are a few things that I know I personally need to take responsibility for.
- The blog was my idea.
- Part of my blog post was about my dissatisfaction with the Teresa situation.
- Some things I said in my blog post were unproductive and frankly unnecessary.
- The blog will not be as productive as we have hoped it would be.
- I have pushed the boundaries of the rules to do what I wished with my characters.
- I have spoken to many people who participated in the blog about the issues mentioned for months before this blog was posted.
- I have been too afraid to come to Ck, Bond, Lyss, or Jisk about a few of the concerns mentioned in the blog.
- My actions have personally affected…
There have been a lot of issues on this wiki regarding characters- how character ideas are treated, the imbalance between b-crats and the rest of the users, rules regarding OP characters, among other things that need to be addressed. So we have come together to outline each of our feelings about this. We hope that this blog comes across as clear-cut and professional. Thank you to all the users who helped pull this blog together and came forward to share their opinion. If you are not included in this blog and would like to share your own opinion, please feel free to post a comment.
Follow-up BlogRead more >
Sooo I've been thinking for a few weeks about how to address the users on here who have debated about leaving. And I've come to realize that as much as I would love to sit here and tell you everything awesome about this wiki and how you shouldn't leave and that we're here for you always... even though those are all good things to say... I think that most of us are going through a few rough patches right now. And I think that any argument I try to pose for anyone who's considering leaving, or stepping down from an admin position, or rping less, etc... no matter how I phrase it, it is ultimately just going to be a stressor that I don't think any of you need. I've been trying to think of ways to tell you all that I'm here for you…Read more >